Title: Senior Specialist - Storage Engineering
Years of experience: 9-10 years
Primary Skill set:
Technology - Storage, Replication, Deduplication
Products : NetApp & Hitachi Storage, Brocade fabric switching
Roles and Responsibilities:
Position is for Storage Engineering Department of SgAS.
- Provide Engineering solutions to the support of storage environments, maintaining ownership and a deep technical knowledge
- Able to design & manage complex storage infrastructure and provide cost effective, operationally supportable solutions that meet complex customer requirements and SLAs.
- Maintain knowledge of multiple technologies in Sungard AS’ shared environments as well as customer dedicated environments
- Good knowledge & experience on ITIL terms
- Provide clear technical documentation and written ISO procedures to ensure other members of the SunGard support team can assist in all phases of storage management across different device types
- Build and maintain relationships with key customer’s technical staff members and with internal stakeholders
- Plan and perform release compliance & capacity management of Storage Infrastructure
- Perform after-hours support in an on-call rotation as needed
- College Degree preferred but will consider applicants with equivalent work-related experience with a minimum educational requirement of a H.S. Diploma or GED equivalent
- Minimum 9-10 years of diverse storage environment with strong understanding of NetApp, including Clustered ONTAP, Snapshot features, Hitachi VSP and Brocade fabric switching
- Knowledge of Tier 2/3 storage virtualization
- Knowledge of EMC storage and Cisco switches is a plus
- Must have detailed knowledge of storage technologies i.e. RAID, SCSI, File, Block
- Strong customer service and communications skills (written and oral) are required.
- Must have the ability to effectively work in a team environment, as well as independently
- Candidate should have knowledge of all surrounding infrastructure of Storage i.e. Host side knowledge of VMWare, Servers and OS
- Strong storage problem isolation and resolutions skills required
- Must have the ability to lead and direct vendors to assist them in their efforts
- Strong interpersonal skills are a requirement
- Adaptable and willing to learn new technologies
- Has experience with documentation and feels comfortable using and working with MS Office and Visio tools suite
- Team player and feels comfortable mentoring peers.
- Can work in a high paced environment and feels comfortable presenting solutions to problems
- Has worked in an environment with multiple filers and/or arrays, in production, development and staging arenas
- Industry recognized certification in storage / backup technology(s) is a plus.
- Experience with storage monitoring tools such as NetApp SAN Screen/On Command Insight is a plus