Title: Engineer - Solutions
Job Type: Permanent
As an Engineer - Solutions, you will be responsible for the end-to-end success of Sungard AS’ opportunities; including pre-sales support, solution design, pricing, and proper documentation and turnover to ensure a successful implementation. The Engineer - Solutions will also have an impact on the organization through feedback and improvements upon product strategy, pricing, big deal processes and ‘Voice of the Customer’ contributions from Operations and Implementation to continually improve solution design quality.
- Partner with the Sales team to design effective solutions to fit customer requirements.
- Using a consultative approach, identify client business issues, determine client desired outcomes and architect an information availability solution that utilizes Sungard AS’s products and services, including Consulting Services, Infrastructure Services, Managed Services, Advanced and Traditional recovery Services.
- Manage the communication and internal cooperation of Sungard AS resources: Enterprise Solutions, Sales, Support, Operations, Legal, Contract Administration and the executive team to help drive sales success.
- Be a brand ambassador for Sungard AS; provide thought leadership in presenting to industry groups as requested.
- Provide feedback into new and existing product portfolio and strategic roadmap.
- Account for both high level (ROM) and detailed development estimates for a proposed solution.
- Drive efficiencies and change within the Solution Engineering organization through continual process improvements.
- Prepare and deliver effective professional presentations at all levels, both internal and external.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships within Sungard AS.
- Maintain a solid working knowledge of Sungard AS products and services.
- Complete all assigned product, services, policy and other training as assigned by management.
- All other job duties as assigned by management.
- Travel as needed for the role. This varies by geography and ranges up to 50% or more in some instances such as national roles.
Professional Experience and Qualities:
- Uniquely talented and highly intelligent with a results-oriented mindset.
- Five (5) to seven (7) years’ experience, in a technical Sales and/or Solution Engineering role.
- Significant experience in Information Technology / IT Infrastructure solutions.
- Proven track record of establishing and solidifying strategic relationships with key customers and partners, while representing suites of complex IT services, and/or advanced availability solutions.
- Ability to take a holistic and strategic view of the business process, leveraging a deep understanding of end-to-end business models and sales.
- Self-starter with a reputation for being an effective change agent.
- Tenacious work ethic, demonstrating initiative, integrity, ownership, accountability and urgency in meeting aggressive deadlines .
- Clear understanding of all tiers of a technical solution both from a technical and business mindset.
- BS Degree in Computer Science, Engineering preferred, but will consider applicants with equivalent work-related experience in a technical service or product support role.
- Min of 5 years’ experience developing complex IT solutions per client requirements.
- 3 - 5 years of technical services, pre-sales support experience or equivalent.
- 1 - 3 years of managed hosting services, networking experience, or equivalent.
- 1 - 3 years of business and/or technical consulting experience or equivalent.
- Exceptional communications skills, both written and verbal required.
- Excellent presentation skills at all levels – ideally proven CxO level presentation expertise.
- Exceptional project management skills with the ability to prioritize multiple complex projects required.
- Working knowledge of Enterprise IT architecture and integrated solution design.
- Experience with current Cloud Provider architecture and solution design, including AWS, Azure, GCP.
- Have at least one current industry / Vendor professional certification in a relative technical discipline.
- Understanding of data center best practices, including; power, HVAC, fire suppression, security.
- Windows, Linux and UNIX OS basics.
- 3-tier web architectures, LAN, WAN and security design.
- Enterprise storage, replication and backup technology architecture and design.
- Understanding of HA, business continuity and DR strategies, methodologies and designs.
- Managed Hosting Services design, delivery, technologies and concepts.
- Strong VMware virtualization background.
- Ability to clearly understand and accurately document customer requirements.
- Ability to drive customer requirements through design and implementation.
- Ability to effectively learn technical products, services and solutions and readily apply new knowledge.
- “Creditworthiness" and ability to use a personal credit card for all reimbursable expenses.
- Must demonstrate the following core values: Accountability, Initiative, Integrity, Respect, Teamwork.
- An MBA is a plus.
- Familiarity with the Cloud Provider architectures, products and solutions.
- Familiarity with Virtualization products and solutions.
- AWS Cloud certification (Solutions Architect / Cloud Practitioner).
- Must demonstrate a continued certification and accreditation within an area of technical expertise.
- Network security methods, appliances and systems.
- Experience with database management systems.
- Knowledge of general pre-sales operations.
- Business and Technical consulting services.
- Current IT services product/technology/industry knowledge.
- Sungard Availability Services offers a high growth environment with excellent compensation and immediate eligibility for our 401(k), health/dental insurance, educational assistance, and more. Sungard AS is an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
- Ability to meet the physical demands of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Employment is contingent upon successful completion of the background investigation and pre-employment drug screen.