Specialist - Recovery
Area and Site: UK-Leatherhead
Title: Specialist - Recovery
Job Type: Permanent
Location: UK - Leatherhead
- The team consists of multi-skilled technical analysts with Network, PC and Telephony disciplines. Fundamental to the role of Specialist - Recovery is to support customer’s Tests & Invocations, showing effective communication, technical competency and customer facing skills.
- The Specialist - Recovery is responsible for the day to day operations support provided to Sungard AS and its large range of customer base within the contracted sites across the UK. The role is based in the UK and there is on-call element.
- To provide support to Recovery Services Customers contracted to the Sungard AS Sites where they are based.
- To follow the testing lifecycle policy providing a consistent testing service to the customers.
- Support Invocations in and out of hours.
- Work collaboratively with other departments to ensure that the company’s common goals are met.
- To keep WWSS Disaster Recovery Equipment inventory up to date and valid.
- Work supportively with colleagues, operating in a collegiate manner at all times and in line with the Company’s values.
- Educated to A level or Equivalent. Essential.
- Educated to BTEC/HNC HND or Degree standard. Desirable.
- Cisco Certified entry networking technician. Desirable.
- ITIL Foundation. Desirable.
- Proven experience in a similar role such as experience gained in a Business Continuity or a Managed Services environment. Desirable.
- Proven basic technical knowledge in problem resolution, in one or more of the following: Network Switching & Routing; Avaya Definite Telephony Switches; IPC IQ/MAX alliance; Nice Perform Voice Recording; Patch Panel and Cable Management, Microsoft OS and MAC. Essential.
- Ability to configure network switches to introduce customers WAN / Internet. Essential.
- Understanding of Workplace infrastructure. Essential.
- Understanding of imaging solutions for PC’s. Essential.
- Understanding of voice systems. Essential.
- Ability to logon remotely and deploy Images and Configure Networks. Essential.
- Basic Operating System Support primarily in Microsoft and Unix/Linux Systems but not limited to. Desirable.
- Report writing skills. Desirable.
- Excellent customer service skills. Essential.
- Basic problem solving. Essential.
- Can work on their own initiative. Essential.
- Basic network skills. Essential.
- Remains accountable for decisions and actions taken. Essential.
- Demonstrates ownership for ongoing issues and problems through to resolution. Essential.
- Flexibility to adapt to changing working hours to meet customer requirements, and work from alternate sites. Essential.
- Candidate must be eligible to work in the UK and complete BS7858 British standard screening prior to joining company.
- Sungard Availability Services offers a high growth environment with excellent compensation and immediate eligibility for our 401(k), health/dental insurance, educational assistance, and more. Sungard AS is an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
- Ability to meet the physical demands of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Employment is contingent upon successful completion of the background investigation and pre-employment drug screen.
Show On Map: