Lead Accountant - Fixed Assets
Area and Site: Wayne-PA
Title: Lead Accountant
Job Type: Permanent
- Analyze transactions resulting from Oracle Purchasing system and Accounts Payable to ensure proper asset classification and asset value in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Process monthly asset additions, disposals, transfers, reclassifications, and financial adjustments in accordance with company policies and procedures. Ensure compliance with GAAP and Sarbanes-Oxley directives.
- Assist management in capital spend analysis and capital spend forecasting.
- Perform balance sheet and depreciation expense fluctuation analysis.
- Assist with continuous improvement efforts to further enhance the timeliness, accuracy and relevance of reporting provided to our internal customers.
- Assist with internal and external audit requirements. This includes assisting with the external audit by preparing requested schedules as well as complying with Sarbanes-Oxley requirements (internal controls).
- Assist with gathering, analyzing and preparing of the annual tax reporting package for the corporate tax department.
Required Experience/Skills and Competencies/Knowledge:
- College Degree required. Minimum three (3) years of fixed asset and general accounting experience within businesses whose revenues exceed $500 million.
- Good understanding of fixed assets accounting in accordance with GAAP
- Strong proficiency in Oracle 11i, Oracle Fixed Assets, including ADI required
- Exposure to BNA Tax software preferred.
- Strong organizational, analytical and communication skills.
- Advanced MS Excel and Outlook skills required; demonstrated ability to manipulate and analyze large quantities of data using software.
- Ability to work in a team setting while having a results-oriented work ethic.
- Proven Time Management Skills required: Demonstrated ability to prioritize and executing tasks in a high-pressure, complex environment.
- Extremely organized, ability to multi-task and strong attention to detail
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills with ability to convey information to internal and external customers in a clear, focused and concise manner.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively to all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with others, including external auditors.
- Proficient use of MSWord, Excel, PowerPoint, Oracle Financials. Hyperion a plus.
- Ability to work overtime.
- Sungard Availability Services offers a high growth environment with excellent compensation and immediate eligibility for our 401(k), health/dental insurance, educational assistance, and more. Sungard AS is an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
- Ability to meet the physical demands of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Employment is contingent upon successful completion of the background investigation and pre-employment drug screen.
Show On Map: