Title: Analyst - Operations Support
Job Type: Permanent
Location: UK-TC4, Elland
- The Analyst – Operations Support’s primary responsibility is to provide support in the deployment, operation and management of the Sungard AS Customer in its centers.
- This primarily includes the managing of whitespace, colocation and managed customer racks, data cabling, power management, hardware installation, circuit installations, media handling, and fulfilling tasks for our customers on the data cent floor as and when required.
- There is also the requirement to support the customer in the event of Disaster Recovery Testing and Invocations as and when required
1. Operational Support
- To provide operational support to the required level for all customers based in a Sungard AS Site. This may include verbal and written communication as well as face to face interaction with various level of customer employee.
- Operational Support will include tasks but not be limited to any investigative troubleshooting through to resolution of a 1st Line Fault on all Data Centre Products. This will include both physical and software checks to an acceptable level as outlined by your Manager. For escalation of faults to 2nd Line or higher an acceptable handover must be provided and included in the regular and timely updates to the customer via the agreed methods.
- As part of Sungard AS’ ongoing change and problem management lifecycles the expectancy is there escalate any issues where required to the respective management team.
2. Information / Record Management
- Maintaining and progressing of records for all work and status updates by making use of the prescribed system to do so, i.e. the Sungard AS Ticketing System, Capacity and Tracking Systems, Online Tools and Databases etc. Updates need to contain sufficient detail as required. In the event of Change and Incident work these need to be implemented and actioned in the prescribed timescales with the relevant procedures and policy being adhered to at all times. Relevant information regarding customers and their environments is to be kept current and stored in the correct locations. Customer contracts are to be referenced, checked and approved where appropriate and any compliance issues escalated to the appropriate manager.
3. Intelligent Hands
- The requirement exists for conducting work either for or at the direction of the company for itself or on the behalf of its customers. This may include but not be limited to items such as audits (site and rack), cabling, cross connects, decommissioning, tape rotation & documentation, operating system install and configuration as documented by Sungard AS or the customer.
4. Whitespace Management
- Manage the Implementation and undertake the maintaining of the physical hosting infrastructure. Such as racks, patch frames / panels, data and power tray work, data cabling and cross connects, Telco Carrier Space. This will require updates to the Company Capacity Management System along with any shortages being highlighted to management.
- In the allocation of racks and or supporting infrastructure this will be done as per the process and within the defined rules and regulations as documented by the Data Centre Engineering Teams.
- There will from time to time be requirements to provide the Data Centre Engineering Team with support such as the plugging or unplugging of industry standard power cables providing the individual has been provided with the relevant competency based training.
- Operations are required to assist in the day to day running of the facility and maintain all relevant items as detailed in the Data Centre Operations Policy Guide. This will include things such as floor walks to be conducted and ensuring cleanliness is maintained to the required standards. This includes the removal of rubbish directly or by arranging for the responsible party to do so as per the relevant Sungard AS Policy. In particular the assistance in the management of H&S concerns raised by the customer or internally from time to time along with any required Risk Assessments being completed. The expectation is also to assist the Site Manager where applicable in the maintenance of the look and feel of the site in cooperation with the Product and Support Groups.
- An adequate stock of consumables and required equipment is to be maintained to support both the company and its customers and any updates.
- Deliveries and Collections will need to be processed as per the respective policy and the associated record management completed.
- As part of the role every analyst will be expected to assist in the monitoring and supporting of any M&E function in aid of keeping the facility operational and escalating any issues to the relevant management team. Progression of skills in all areas will be through self-training when required external training.
6. Team Work
- The analyst will be required to work and support their colleagues in accordance with the company’s values. There will be a requirement to perform all operational tasks and duties as defined in the company’s operational procedures, service definitions and all to the documented SLA’s.
- Wherever possible improvements and or suggestions to relevant operational processes and standards should be identify and as part of ongoing appraisals which are to be completed in a timely fashion to assist the respective Team Leader and or Operations Manager in the completion of all Workplans for the team.
7. Recovery Services
- As part of the Recovery Services platform the analyst will be responsible for the management of Workplace Space and ensuring accurate records are kept along with an up to date inventory of all equipment in these areas.
- Communication with the customer is required in order to manage the work for the support and setup of Sungard AS and customer specific requirements and when needed providing assistance to the relevant internal teams. There may also be a requirement to attend pre and post solution / test meetings as required by the customer.
- Monitoring of the Test Scheduling System to ensure all Site Workplace & Distributed Technology Tests are covered with the required resources.
- Support is to be provided to carry out any Workplace and Platform Disaster Recovery setups, testing and clear down in accordance with current testing policies. This support is also extended into all Workplace and Platforms during Invocation of any Sungard AS Customer across the UK.
- The response to any other call out which may affect a Sungard AS Recovery Site is also expected along with support for customer equipment and the requirement to support other departments within the Service Delivery Teams.
- Microsoft MCSA or MCSE. Desirable.
- Cisco CCENT or Applicable CCNA. Desirable.
- ITIL V3. Desirable.
- Data Handling. Essential.
- Data cabling installation, management and patching. Essential.
- Experience in using a ticketing system. Essential.
- Understanding IT systems. Essential.
- Rack Installation / Whitespace Management. Desirable.
- Scripting. Desirable.
- Advanced Application Use. Desirable.
- Hardware Replacement. Essential.
- Excellent Written & Verbal skills. Essential.
- Customer Service experience. Desirable.
- Work to own initiative and as part of a team. Essential.
- Excellent organizational and time management skill. Essential.
- Job does involve shift work. 24/7. Essential.
- Candidate must be eligible to work in the UK and complete BS7858 British standard screening prior to joining company.
- Sungard Availability Services offers a high growth environment with excellent compensation and immediate eligibility for our 401(k), health/dental insurance, educational assistance, and more. Sungard AS is an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
- Ability to meet the physical demands of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Employment is contingent upon successful completion of the background investigation and pre-employment drug screen.