Area and Site: UK-Theale
Title: Financial Accountant
Job Type: Permanent
Location: UK - Theale
- Cash forecast – update daily and global cash flow forecast
- AR ledger – run invoice load in Oneview and perform maintenance of AR ledger and Oneview and perform reconciliations.
- VAT accounting – Ensure VAT returns and payments are made within deadlines and that Sungard AS complies with appropriate legislation. Ensure monthly reconciliation is completed and signed off. Provide instructions to import Agents on imports to UK ensuring correct use of the Duty Deferment account.
- National Statistics - Complete National Statistics forms in accordance with deadlines.
- Financial close (including Cognos & Monthly/Quarterly Management packs) – Upload UK results to Cognos, assisting with monthly journals and schedules and co-ordinate all inputs by various finance groups to Cognos to ensure month end timetables met. Carry out various balance sheet reconciliations.
- CRC/CCL schemes – complete returns and ensure compliance with the schemes
- Banking - setting up of manual payments for UK and Poland.
- Sarbannes Oxley and internal audits – Ensure process narratives are updated on a quarterly basis to reflect any changes in procedures. Carry out various compliance duties to ensure that internal and external audits are adequately supported and produces clean audit results.
- Insurance records and returns – Manage insurance renewals for the company and deal with all insurance related matters including processing claims and periodic reporting.
- Processing activities - Assist with the accounts payable function including dealing with supplier queries, performing supplier statement reconciliations and payment runs. Running expenses payment runs and processing payments to the bank and reconciling in Oracle. Provide support to other processing areas where required.
- Intercompany - Process intercompany transactions and prepare balance sheet reconciliations within agreed timescales.
- Fixed Assets - Review capex invoices in mass additions and make amendments in oracle fixed assets – to be performed at regular intervals during the month and finalised after initial AP close.
Candidate must be eligible to work in the UK and complete BS7858 British standard screening prior to joining company.
- Sungard Availability Services offers a high growth environment with excellent compensation and immediate eligibility for our 401(k), health/dental insurance, educational assistance, and more. Sungard AS is an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
- Ability to meet the physical demands of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Employment is contingent upon successful completion of the background investigation and pre-employment drug screen.
Show On Map: