Tilte: European Media, Social and Customer Relations Director
Job Type: Permanent
This role will have combined responsibility for European media strategy and relations, customer relations, including strategic direction of the European Customer Advisory Board, customer communications, and social media strategy and execution. This role will support related efforts in the U.K., Ireland, France, Sweden and India. This role is responsible for increasing brand awareness and influence to contribute to lead generation and pipeline growth in Europe across media relations with key press, social media influence across all major social platforms and with key influencers, and customer advocacy and relations.
- Develops media strategy, by region, in Europe and India to ensure strategy aligns to business objectives and targets.
- Provides strategic oversight and direction to external agencies to ensure delivery of quarterly plans.
- Engages with Sungard AS executives globally to gather viewpoints and thought-leadership perspectives to integrate into the media plans and execution of plans.
- Travels with executives to help build relationships with media in Europe, and India if, if needed.
- Partners closely with North American PR lead to ensure global consistency in approach and reportiing.
- Reports to executives and thought-leaders routinely as to overall progress within the program.
- Develops strategic relationships with sales leaders and sales professionals to identify a robust set of customer references to support marketing activity.
- Develops a strategic plan, using those relationships, to deliver customer assets and testimonials that align to Marketing Communications and Sales needs.
- Provides strategic direction and execution for the Customer Advisory Board and development of customer communications.
- Develops and executes social media strategy within Europe, including partnering closely with Sungard AS Marketing Communications and Field Marketing.
- Previous PR Agency Experience. Desirable.
- Excellent communication skills; with the ability to advise and influence senior management, develop well-established relationships with senior media, and create meaningful campaigns. Essential.
- Social media savvy and previous content creation experience. Essential.
- Experience leading customer resource groups, including agenda development, speaker direction and coordination, meeting management and guidance. Essential.
- Microsoft Office Expertise. Essential.
- LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter – social media platform expertise. Essential.
- Technically astute and familiar with technology services industry customer needs and outcomes. Essential.
- Works collaboratively with partner organizations. Essential.
- Candidate must be eligible to work in the UK and complete BS7858 British standard screening prior to joining company.
- Sungard Availability Services offers a high growth environment with excellent compensation and immediate eligibility for our 401(k), health/dental insurance, educational assistance, and more. Sungard AS is an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
- Ability to meet the physical demands of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Employment is contingent upon successful completion of the background investigation and pre-employment drug screen.