Area and Site: Philadelphia-PA Thornton-CO
Title: Senior Engineer - Network
Job Type: Permanent
The successful candidate will be expected to analyze business requirements to develop technical network solutions. Evaluate cost analyses and vendor comparisons for large scale projects to ensure cost-effective and efficient operations, and measures feasibility of various approaches. Ensure adherence to model created and overall budgetary guidelines. Create extensive documentation to support operational teams. Mentor less experienced engineering personnel.
- You are a hardworking, competitive type that is driven to succeed.
- Self-starter with a reputation for being an effective change agent.
- Analyze business requirements to develop technical network solutions and their framework.
- Design, test, and inspect data communications systems.
- Perform network modeling, analysis, lifecycle, and planning.
- Analyze, engineer, and execute software functions.
- Develop test plans, implementation plans, and project timelines for various projects.
- Manage technology vendors.
- Participate in departmental process/procedures development.
- Stay abreast of how technology infrastructures are currently impacting and driving competitors.
- Mentor less experienced engineering and technical personnel.
- Maintain technical expertise, required industry certifications, and stay current with new and emerging networking technologies.
- Determine production direction.
- Write functional requirements/specifications documents.
- This position requires an individual that can manage multiple technical projects in a fast-paced environment. The individual selected must have excellent time management and communication skills.
- Minimum of five years of industry experience in a design and engineering role in a large enterprise or service provider environment with the installation and support of a large IP network.
- A robust knowledge of routing protocols including BGP4, OSPF, ISIS and knowledge of the Internet concepts and routing architectures is required.
- A clear understanding of spanning tree and layer two switching concepts is required.
- A working knowledge of load balancing technologies and DNS is preferred.
- A strong knowledge of Cisco IOS is required.
- A solid foundation with Juniper Routers and JUNOS software is highly preferred.
- A working knowledge of Physical design and implementations.
- Some knowledge with one or more scripting languages (Python, Visual Basic, Java Scripting, or other) is preferred.
- CCNP or other equivalent certifications is preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of data communication concepts and technologies is required.
- Ability to effectively use diagnostic tools is required.
- B.S. degree Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent skills developed through industry experience is preferred.
- Ability to learn and respond to demands in a fast-paced, highly technical environment and to manage multiple projects and responsibilities is required.
- Ability to effectively work in a team environment, as well as, independently is required.
- Good organizational, time management and service delivery skills are required.
- Effective written and oral communication skills are required.
- Strong computer skills and proficiency in productivity tools are required.
- College Degree preferred, however, will consider applicants with equivalent work-related experience with a minimum educational requirement of a H.S. Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Sungard Availability Services offers a high growth environment with excellent compensation and immediate eligibility for our 401(k), health/dental insurance, educational assistance, and more. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of the background investigation and pre-employment drug screen.
- Sungard AS is an equal opportunity employer.
The Ability to meet the physical demands of this position are required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Sungard Availability Services offers a high growth environment with excellent compensation and immediate eligibility for our 401(k), health/dental insurance, educational assistance, and more. Sungard AS is an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
- Ability to meet the physical demands of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Employment is contingent upon successful completion of the background investigation and pre-employment drug screen.