Area and Site: Philadelphia-PA Wayne-PA
Title: Senior Program Manager
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Wayne-PA or Philadelphia-PA
The Product Engineering PMO & Lifecycle Management team is looking for a Senior Program Manager to help deliver large, complex projects within a variety of business engagements and support groups in an agile environment. As the Senior Program Manager for SunGard Availability Services, you have the responsibility of the successful planning and execution of the lifecycle management programs. Manage and monitor programs to support company initiatives. Maintain relationship with internal and external customers. Creating, tracking and managing program plans, identifying inherent risk for successful release, communicating project status, milestones and deliverables to the stakeholders. This position will focus on delivery of key strategic programs in order for the business to meet its goals.
- You are a strategic thinker with the ability to execute tactically.
- You are hardworking and driven to succeed.
- Self-starter with a reputation for delivering results.
- Quick to learn and adjust with changes.
- Always looking out for better way to do business.
- Manage and enable the Global Team to effectively deliver large Sungard Availability Services platform products and services to market.
- Work with cross functional teams within an Agile environment to establish clear program scope and manage implementations to ensure on-time delivery that delivers consistent value to our business partners.
- Manage complex software development and infrastructure projects/programs from design and development to production/transition to support.
- Help bridge product requirements to development & engineering plans following our Lifecycle process. Ability to build consensus around recommendations and gain alignment across all stakeholders.
- Create strategies for risk mitigation and contingency planning. Serve as a point of escalation for risks and issues.
- Plan and schedule program deliverables, goals, and milestones within the agile methodology structure.
- Organizing program phase gate reviews.
- Demonstrate leadership to identify and define program risks, clearly track and communicate risks to all parts of the organization as needed and directed, including up through Executive Leadership.
- Coordinate and facilitate regular status meetings with both program teams and leadership.
- Document and track all elements of a program in an organized, streamlined fashion.
- Maintain program artifacts by ensuring all information/documentation is stored in central repository and client folders are up to date and contain correct data.
- Manage the prioritization of programs based on order of importance, followed by available budget.
- Develop management reports/ dashboards for programs and present to key groups.
- Minimum 5 years of industry experience in a program manager role.
- Bachelor degree required.
- 5 years program estimation, budgeting and scheduling experience with development projects.
- Experience working with leadership to develop, track and monitor the long-term IT Portfolio Roadmap.
- Extensive program/project management and knowledge of software development, virtualization, data communication and networking concepts and technologies.
- Knowledge of different development methodologies necessary, including SCRUM and Agile.
- Very strong customer service, interpersonal and communications skills (oral and written).
- Proven experience leading and directing technical staff through crisis situations.
- Adaptability and willingness to learn new concepts and technologies.
- Working knowledge of JIRA and Aha! tools a plus.
- Excellent problem-solving ability.
- Sungard Availability Services offers a high growth environment with excellent compensation and immediate eligibility for our 401(k), health/dental insurance, educational assistance, and more. Sungard AS is an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
- Ability to meet the physical demands of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Employment is contingent upon successful completion of the background investigation and pre-employment drug screen.