Area and Site: Houston-TX Wayne-PA
Title: Specialist - Learning and Development
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Wayne-PA or Houston-TX
The Learning and Development Specialist is an integral part of the Learning and Development team. A qualified candidate will be responsible for developing, conducting, and evaluating our global end user systems/software training programs while also supporting various other training initiatives as required. As a new position on a growing team, you will have the ability to craft your own path while being supported as you grow professionally. Interested in making a difference to the business through a true partnership? Consider us.
- You are an employee who understands how your role fits into the business and how you help to make an impact.
- You are someone who is collaborative and understands how to use your strengths to benefit the team and company.
General Duties to Include:
- Develop & deliver end user system/software training for new or existing system/software initiatives in ILT, VILT and eLearning formats.
- Develop & deliver new hire end user system/software training for various business units in ILT, VILT and eLearning formats.
- Partner with business leads and subject matter experts (SME’s) to assist with design of training for new and existing training programs.
- Align with business unit / product SME’s throughout the organization in efforts to develop job or project specific training materials.
- Support change management efforts by creating and delivering pertinent communication and training.
- Support enterprise wide training initiatives and any other duties as needed.
- Write and maintain end user system training documents, such as user manuals, training materials and assessments.
- Scope new training requests and manage client expectations.
- Handle all Learning Management System (LMS) administrative duties like setting up enrollments and updating class rosters.
- Collaborate with diverse teams.
- Manage vendor relationships.
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant work experience is required (Minimum of 5 years’ experience developing and delivering educational services in a corporate environment)
- Ability to develop & deliver Salesforce.com or other (CRM) software training
- Experience training internal end user system/software training for new and existing employees
- Experience creating training programs, curriculum, and materials from scratch
- Ability to successfully & effectively deliver training virtually (VILT)
- Ability to take internal customers’ requirements and convert those into a training plan
- Change Management experience
- Ability to form strong partnerships and build trust with the business line leaders, subject matter experts and other learning & development team members.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a desire to solve problems.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong time management, research & analytical skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrated success in working with any Learning Management System (LMS).
- Intermediate level of expertise in suite of Microsoft products (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, SharePoint, and OneDrive).
- Proven success working with virtual teams.
- Solid understanding of adult learning principles.
- Experience developing and delivering training for any Configure Price Quote (CPQ) Software as a Service provider such as Oracle Q2C or Apttus – Apttus preferred.
- Experience training or supporting any of the following systems: Aria, ServiceNow and Oracle.
- Experience managing compliance courses / programs.
- Previous product and or technical training experience.
- Sales or Sales technical training experience.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Ability to deliver excellence within constraints.
- Experience with eLearning authorware (e.g.; Captivate, Articulate).
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment.
- Self-directed and motivated to learn and grow.
- Knowledge of current and emerging learning and development trends.
- Thorough understanding of IT services such as enterprise cloud, application management, IT consulting, managed & disaster recovery services.
- Sungard Availability Services offers a high growth environment with excellent compensation and immediate eligibility for our 401(k), health/dental insurance, educational assistance, and more. Sungard AS is an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
- Ability to meet the physical demands of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Employment is contingent upon successful completion of the background investigation and pre-employment drug screen.