Sungard Availability Services (Sungard AS) is an industry-recognized leader in delivering resilient and recoverable production environments for global enterprises through managed IT, cloud and recovery services.
Our diverse, global team of “Sungardians” are passionate about applying their insight and deep expertise in production and recovery to Lead with Resilience. We work to understand our customers’ business goals, tailor services that align with their desired business outcomes, and deliver the right environments for managing their critical IT systems. Every Sungard AS employee makes a meaningful contribution to delivering on our mission to transform IT for resilient business. We want to add outstanding talent to our team. If you want to become an integral part of a collaborative organization that offers industry-leading benefits and a commitment to employee advancement, we’d be excited to speak with you!
Designation: Associate Manager – Quality Engineering (Recovery Services)
Location: Pune, India
About Group and Culture
The Associate Manager for Quality engineering will join the Sungard Availability Services (SGAS) Global Product Engineering team during a dynamic and exciting time as we roll out “cloud first” solutions that help our customers transform in an ecosystem where always-recoverable and available environments are now mandatory. You will play a critical leadership role in managing Recovery as a Service (RaaS) portfolio from Quality Engineering perspective. You will be responsible for implementing the highest levels of quality, test automation & modern DevOps practices to drive quality, repeatability and rapid time-to-delivery.
Sungard AS’ Product Engineering team in India is now looking for passionate and talented associate QE manager to join our growing team, specifically in the Recovery Services. We maintain a culture of technical excellence, while having fun together. If you are interested in ensuring that we deliver highest quality solution and services in a collaborative environment, then you will enjoy this position. A person should have can-do attitude with good business judgement, strong interpersonal communication skills and experience in enterprise class quality.
- Oversee all aspects of quality engineering including establishing metrics, applying industry best practices, and developing new tools and processes to ensure quality goals are met.
- Drive strategic and tactical test planning, test designing and test execution activity.
- Act as key point of contact for all QE aspects of releases, providing QE services and coordinating QE resources internally and externally.
- Lead, manage and mentor QE team members including outside contract testers.
- Work with product manager, product owner, and other stake holders to understand, analyse requirements for products.
- Ensuring that the team is using defined best practices for QE and agile.
- Establish and evolve formal QE processes.
- Works cohesively with team members in pursuit of team & project goals. Participates in group activities within the team. Builds stable working relationships internally.
- Lead and drive test automation adoption on RaaS portfolio product line.
- Designs and assists in building test automation using existing framework.
- Develops and applies testing processes for new and existing products to meet real world scenarios, limits, and adverse conditions
- Tracks quality assurance metrics, including defect densities and open defect counts
- Present, articulate to and solicit feedback from various engineering, development and operations teams
- Should have strong experience (prior hands-on is must) in Data protection domain with enterprise class backup and data replication.
- Should have worked on VMWare virtualization platform
- Good system level knowledge with basic understanding of: OS, Storage, Networking
- Good to have exposure to any of the tools like SRM, Actifio, Zerto, Cloud Endure, or anything equivalent
- Should have experience in testing enterprise class applications/systems
- Should have ability to manage simultaneous initiatives
- Should be a self-starter, challenger, strategic planner, analytical thinker
- Experience as testing lead or manager
- Strong experience with manual and automated testing, test automation framework, testing tools, writing test plans, reviewing results
- Experience working with global teams, virtual team
- Leadership and strong analytical skills
- Excellent problem solving, interpersonal communication, and project management skills
- Strong understanding of Agile software development life cycle
- Should have worked on any scripting language (preferably Python)
- An ability to reduce complex ideas and problems into lucid concepts and solutions
- A passion for latest technology and innovation
Education & Experience:
- College degree BE/ME/BTech/MTech/in relevant field (Computer Science) or equivalent work experience.
- Overall 8-12 years of experience working with enterprise IT or service provider environments, with at least 4 years of experience as lead/architect