Area and Site: Houston-TX Thornton-CO Wayne-PA
Title: Director - Global Product Management
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Thornton-CO, Houston-TX, Wayne-PA
The Director, Network Services & Solutions will deliver measurable business results through product solutions that meet both market needs and company goals. In the role, you will manage all aspects of the Global Product Life Cycle for Sungard AS Network Services with significant company impact in new or established Product lines. Define new Products, and drive internal teams to the successful launch, market adoption, serviceability and profitable market growth of those Products. The Director, Global Product Management supports the business as the expert for their products and services and serves as a member of the broader Sungard AS leadership team.
The Director, Network Services & Solutions is responsible for developing a close alignment between Sungard AS and our partners to optimize market potential for Sungard AS’s offerings and to maximize the partner’s investment in Sungard AS and our customers. Works collaboratively with Global Channel Strategy, Product Management, Product Engineering, Operations and GSE. Facilitating cross functional team working between senior management, product management, marketing, technology / development, field sales, global services, legal, and finance to drive results.
- Lead and develop a team of Product Managers including: training, coaching and mentoring the team to create a high-performing product management team.
- Create and present a clear overall product vision, including product and market strategy for Network Services & Solutions
- Enable partnership success through programs and processes designed to drive revenue for SungardAS, in collaboration with product management, marketing, sales, services and other key stakeholders
- Creating well defined, market backed Network product and solutions strategy grounded in deep industry knowledge and tied to overall Sungard AS business strategic directon.
- Developing a strategy for solution service offerings that are composed from standard products and deliver a service rather than a technical outcome. Defining the solution requirements for Product Engineering and colloborate with Solutions Marketing on a GTM approach
- Drive a close interlock with Global Channel Strategy and Global Product Management teams to ensure our solutions are leveraging the capability and scale of our key alliance partners and our core product offerings
- Present business plans and strategies for business cases to approval boards.Develop long-ranging, multi-year implementation plans, including milestones, cost estimates, and resource requirements.
- Contribute hands-on in defining the solutions and product requirements, and managing these through the product lifecycle.
- Develop solution and product roadmaps, including market requirements, product requirements, market/ecosystem analysis, competitive analysis and customer feedback/integration into requirements.
- Work with sales and early adopter / lead customers to develop replicable, scalable solutions.. Work closely with ecosystem partners/OEMs on solution definition and program management
- Bachelor’s degree, ideally in business, engineering or science-related field. Essential.
- Master’s degree in Business Administration or Technology/Science. Desirable.
- Strong leadership experience in IT managed services with specific experience in Network, Security and Solution offerings. Essential.
- Track record of developing and leading solution/ product strategy and roadmaps management. Essential.
- Experience of managing high-functioning team with proven experience in leading and growing teams. . Essential.
- Demonstrated ability to drive the full partner lifecycle to ensure revenue/margin growth and the achievement of Sungard AS partner strategies. Essential.
- Proven leadership and decision-making ability. Essential.
- Excellent business planning skills and track record of defining, developing and launching successful products and services. Essential.
- Ability to synthesize information into a compelling story. Essential.
- Customer focus with interpersonal and influencing skills. Essential.
- This role requires a high degree of business acumen and cross-organization collaboration. The individual must be creative, self-motivated, data-driven and results-oriented. Essential.
- Excellent communication skills, written, verbal and presentation skills. Essential.
- Requirements to travel throughout EMEA and North America. Essential.
- Sungard Availability Services offers a high growth environment with excellent compensation and immediate eligibility for our 401(k), health/dental insurance, educational assistance, and more. Sungard AS is an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
- Ability to meet the physical demands of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Employment is contingent upon successful completion of the background investigation and pre-employment drug screen.