Title: Product Owner III - Product Engineering
Years of experience: 7-10 years
This position will be part of the Product Engineering team focused on development and delivery of new Cloud Recovery products and solutions. Specifically, the Product Owner is responsible for owning, driving product requirements for Product Engineering, by working closely with product management requirements and priorities.
Role and Responsibilities:
We are looking for passionate and self-motivated Product Owner who is accustomed to Recovery Services. You are, at core, an experienced product owner with a passion for driving product develop efforts. You have expert system engineer experience with flair for designing and solving infrastructure challenges for recovery of various production environments. You will work with product management, engineering and operations team for complete ownership of product delivery. You need to be strong on Data Protection and Data Replication, one or more virtualization platforms, networking and storage technologies in the context of cloud platform. You have hands on experience with Backup and Server Replication technologies and know how to work with them in Linux/Windows environments.
- Experience as a product owner in a fast-moving agile environment.
- Comfortable and effective at communicating to a wide spectrum of stakeholders ranging from individual engineers, product managers, operations, and executive leadership.
- Approach problems as a business owner focused on exceeding customer expectations.
- Understand orchestration and automation offerings from various product vendors, and how they can be integrated
- Understand key business objectives and strategy of the product
- Work with Product Management to prioritize epics and create user stories / tasks as necessary
- In collaboration with Product Management, drive product development and enhancements including technical market analysis and roadmap development
- Partner with Product Management, Product Engineering, Technical Writers and Marketing to ensure content availability, training, and delivery supporting marketing efforts
- Prioritize the backlog based on customer demands
- Provide technical clarity to the business objectives of the product requirements
- Work with our feature teams to clarify the requirements of any user stories as needed
- Work with lead customers as necessary to ensure “MVP” is actually a viable product
- Participate in scrum meetings to help remove any internal/external roadblocks
- Lead sprint planning, sprint demos, and other agile development related meetings
- Drive product development and enhancements including market analysis and roadmap development
- Partner with engineering, product management, and technical writers to oversee the marketing efforts
The Product Owner will be responsible for leading the overall development of our Recover2Cloud® (R2C) Services suite. As such, the person will need to have the following experience:
- 7+ years of technical experience in an engineering team
- 5+ years of professional software engineering experience
- 5+ years of experience with recovery technologies
- 5+ years of platform and/or product development
- Strong understanding of Agile Development methodologies with product owner experience
- Strong understanding of the capabilities of different Backup and Replication technologies
- Understanding of the capabilities of different cloud platforms (Private, AWS, Azure, and etc)
- Experience leading geographically disperse teams
- Experience with cross functional teams such as QA, operations, various service design, implementation and delivery teams, using agile methodology
Other Skills Required:
- Strong task delegation, team leadership, and project management skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as independently.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills
- The ability to communicate and influence business and technical staff.
- Experience working with third party vendors
- Experience disrupting process and delivery to drive productive outcomes
- Experience with Agile Software Development
- Excellent interpersonal communications, both verbal and written
- A positive, persistent approach to their work
- A passion for new technology and innovation
Education & Experience:
- Undergraduate degree preferred in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field
- 7-10 years of experience working with enterprise IT or service provider environments
- Relevant ongoing education through certifications, formal or self-study experience in disaster recovery.