Title: Senior Engineer - Systems
Years of experience: 4-8 years
- Any Engineering Degree/Graduate/Masters Graduate with min. 15 years of fulltime education.
- 4+ years in the IT field with at least 4 years of good experience on Windows & VMware Administration.
- Excellent communication (written and spoken) and interpersonal skills.
- Working knowledge of TCP/IP protocols configuration and troubleshooting.
-Hardware/Software maintenance on RHEL, OEL 5,6,7 servers.
-Basic knowledge on HPUX, Solaris, AIX operating systems (Disk space usage, User administration, sudo access, etc).
-Linux Package Management (YUM and RPM)
-File system management : Knowledge of LVM and disk management in Linux , OEL
-Storage management using power path and multipathing.
-Knowledge of hardware maintenance and troubleshooting on Unix operating system. Handling the hardware failure issue (Disk, HBA, NIC, Battery, DIMM, Core and MB)
-Users administration all Unix OS (setting password aging, home directory and files permissions)
-Troubleshooting memory, CPU, SWAP and file system usage issues.
-Troubleshooting NFS, SSH, DNS, DHCP on UNIX Servers.
-Creating sudo groups with appropriate privileges and providing access to users by configuring and modifying of Sudoers file.
-Dealing with performance issues for Unix servers.
-Troubleshooting domain user login issues on Linux servers.
-Troubleshooting Linux Booting issues.
-Analyzing the server performance issues by looking into OS logs and sar data.
-Troubleshooting Network configuration issues in Linux. (Configuration issues, route issues, link issues)
-Basis knowledge of Oracle Virtualization (OVM) and VMware infrastructure.
-Dealing with storage connectivity and datastore disk space issues in VMware Infrastructure.
- Should have proven skills in day to day troubleshooting of complex technical incidents/ issues.
- Basic understanding of Storage systems and their application in VMware environment.
- Strong problem solving background with a focus on ownership of issues and a commitment to resolving them.
- Proficient in use of ITIL based incident management system.
- Ability to participate in Critical escalations & drive towards restoration.
- Quick learner, should understand the process and follow them religiously.
- Should be part of 24x7 Remote Level-2 Support team and monitor; perform advanced troubleshooting of various IT Infrastructure of international customer's mission critical datacenter.
- In-depth experience in incident management processes and tools.
- Provide advanced troubleshooting and problem resolution of the entire Virtualization Infrastructure.
- Research root cause of problems and escalate to engineering and vendor support as necessary.
- Troubleshooting of hardware through event logs of vendor tools.
- Recovery of file system in case of hardware failures.
- Troubleshooting of Performance issues.
- Troubleshooting of Virtualization issues.
- Effectively collaborate with Server / Storage / Network / Data Center / Facilities / Audit / Compliance and PMO teams
- Manage problem and service tickets ensuring timely resolution to meet Service Level Agreements
- Work on Sev1/Sev2 incidents & drive team members to act upon it within defined SLA.
- Responsible to develop & maintain relevant technical documentation.
- Conduct trainings and mentor junior resources in the team.
- Work on the incidents , changes, Request, ITASKs and CTASKs