Title: Senior Engineer - Systems
Years of experience: 4-8 years
- Any Engineering Degree/Graduate/Masters Graduate with min. 15 years of fulltime education.
- 6+ years in the IT field with at least 4 years of good experience on Windows & VMware Administration.
- Excellent communication (written and spoken) and interpersonal skills.
- Working knowledge of TCP/IP protocols configuration and troubleshooting.
- Working knowledge of Windows Clustering 2008/2012 & Virtualization in an enterprise environment.
- Advanced technical knowledge of VMware virtualization technologies (vCenter, vSphere, ESXi, DRS, vMotion, HA, FT, DRS, SRM, VCM, etc.)
- Advanced experience with Microsoft Operating Systems: Windows Server 2008, knowledge on Windows 2012.
- Experience in handling server hardware incidents, e.g. RAID issues, HDD failure, Motherboard replacement, Memory degradation, etc.
- Should have proven skills in day to day troubleshooting of complex technical incidents/ issues.
- Basic understanding of Storage systems and their application in VMware environment.
- Strong problem solving background with a focus on ownership of issues and a commitment to resolving them.
- Proficient in use of ITIL based incident management system.
- Ability to participate in Critical escalations & drive towards restoration.
- Mandatory Certifications – MCSE/MCSA, MCITP, ITIL, VCP
- Quick learner, should understand the process and follow them religiously.
- Should be part of 24x7 Remote Level-2 Support team and monitor; perform advanced troubleshooting of various IT Infrastructure of international customer's mission critical datacenter.
- In-depth experience in incident management processes and tools.
- Provide advanced troubleshooting and problem resolution of the entire Virtualization Infrastructure.
- Research root cause of problems and escalate to engineering and vendor support as necessary.
- Troubleshooting of hardware through event logs of vendor tools.
- Recovery of file system in case of hardware failures.
- Configuring and troubleshooting RAID Hardware monitoring tools like Dell IT Assistant, HP insight Manager and IBM Director.
- Troubleshooting of Performance issues, Server Hang /Crash, blue dumps, Microsoft Cluster, etc.
- Troubleshooting of Virtualization issues.
- Effectively collaborate with Server / Storage / Network / Data Center / Facilities / Audit / Compliance and PMO teams
- Manage problem and service tickets ensuring timely resolution to meet Service Level Agreements
- Work on Sev1/Sev2 incidents & drive team members to act upon it within defined SLA.
- Responsible to develop & maintain relevant technical documentation.
- Conduct trainings and mentor junior resources in the team.
- Work on the incidents , changes, Request, ITASKs and CTASKs.