Sungard Availability Services (Sungard AS) is an industry-recognized leader in delivering resilient and recoverable production environments for global enterprises through managed IT, cloud and recovery services.
Our diverse, global team of “Sungardians” are passionate about applying their insight and deep expertise in production and recovery to Lead with Resilience. We work to understand our customers’ business goals, tailor services that align with their desired business outcomes, and deliver the right environments for managing their critical IT systems. Every Sungard AS employee makes a meaningful contribution to delivering on our mission to transform IT for resilient business. We want to add outstanding talent to our team. If you want to become an integral part of a collaborative organization that offers industry-leading benefits and a commitment to employee advancement, we’d be excited to speak with you!
Title: Associate Architect - Quality Assurance
Years of experience: 8-12 years
About Group and Culture
The Test automation architect for Quality engineering will join the Sungard Availability Services (SGAS) Global Product Engineering team during a dynamic and exciting time as we roll out “cloud first” solutions that help our customers transform in an ecosystem where always-recoverable and available environments are now mandatory. You will play a critical role in managing automation development across the product lines from Quality Engineering perspective. You will be responsible for implementing the highest levels of quality, test automation & modern DevOps practices to drive quality, repeatability and rapid time-to-delivery.
Sungard AS’ Product Engineering team in India is now looking for passionate and talented test automation architect for Quality engineering to join our growing team. We maintain a culture of technical excellence, while having fun together. If you are interested in ensuring that we deliver highest quality solution and services in a collaborative environment, then you will enjoy this position. A person should have can-do attitude with good business judgement, strong interpersonal communication skills and experience in enterprise class quality.
In this role, the successful candidate will serve as the QE Automation Architect, continuing and advancing our strategy to achieve 100% test automation across all products & services in the Product Engineering organization. You will contribute to thought leadership & best practices, establish the highest standards of quality and the metrics to hold ourselves accountable. The QE Automation Architect will keep up with the latest test methods for CI/CD, infrastructure solutions & services. You will lead or oversee all test automation efforts to accelerate and improve overall QE.
In this role you are responsible for improving and maintaining SunGard Availability Services products and quality standards.
• Responsible for ensuring that the defined architectural and development standards are followed by all members of the QE/automation team and eventually the Engineering team.
• Proficient at decomposing requirements and developing test automation for projects of simple to high complexity
• Comprehends and contributes to high level requirements and designs
• Understands software quality best practices, test strategy and planning, test case development, test case deployment and execution, test data, defect tracking, and test automation; actively participates in process improvements, including script or coding standards.
• Practices automation development efficiency, maintainability and reusability
• Hands on test development as needed
• Expected to research and develop tools with the goal of increasing automation development quality and productivity
• Provides accurate implementation level estimates and delivers on them
• Work with development engineers to drive to closure on problems found, including recreating failures and verifying fixes
• Strong knowledge of automated testing tools, techniques and methodologies, including test automation frameworks & their associated benefits
• Should have strong domain experience (prior hands-on is must) in any of the following:
o Data protection domain with enterprise class backup and data replication.
o Cloud domain with any virtualization platform such as VMWare, AWS
o Infrastructure Technologies such as Storage, Networking & Security
• Good to have experience in performance testing and or performance testing tools
• Recognizes issues (e.g. with requirements, design, implementation, etc.) and works with appropriate resources to address and resolve
• Seeks and understand big picture/business cases behind individual requirements
• Mentors and trains other automation staff
• Strong understanding of Agile software development life cycle
• Architect automation test plans
• Root cause analysis of software and hardware related issues
• Configure hardware systems for test execution
• Should be a self-starter, challenger, strategic planner, analytical thinker
• Ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic and team-oriented environment.
• Experience working with global teams, virtual team
• Excellent interpersonal skill set with a self-starting attitude, team-player, and flexibility. A fast learner (new system and test equipment applications) and high degree of creativity and initiative is expected
• A passion for latest technology and innovation
Education & Experience:
• College degree BE/ME/BTech/MTech/in relevant field (Computer Science) or equivalent work experience.
• Overall 8-12 years of experience working with enterprise IT or service provider environments, with at least 4 years of experience as test automation lead/architect