Title: Engineer - Cloud Recovery Development
Job Type: Permanent
About the Position:
This position will be part of the Product Engineering team focused on development and delivery of new Cloud Recovery products and solutions. Specifically, The Development Engineer is responsible for design, development, testing and implementation of new products and associated automation based on product management requirements and priorities.
Role and Responsibilities:
We are looking for passionate Virtualization Engineer who is expert in application virtualization technologies such as VMware, Xen, and Hyper-V. The ideal candidate will have experience designing and implementing cloud recovery solutions using technologies such as InMage, SRM, DoubleTake, Veamm, CloudEndure, and Zerto in this virtualized environment. Additionally, the successful candidate will have demonstrable skills and experience designing and automating complex workflows using REST API’s, Python, Puppet, Ansible and other languages and scripting tools. As an extraordinary development engineer, talented in designing solutions for complex virtualized environments delivering resilient solutions, you will help design and build new solutions/features for next generation of Sungard’s Recovery-as-a-Service offerings, by, specifically focussing on virtualization and data protection aspects. You will be required to work with product management; engineering and operations team and take complete ownership of delivering features assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent experience. Advanced degree desirable.
- Demonstrated expertise in data protection/replication architectures, designs, and implementations
- Deep experience developing and delivering automation for complex workflows
- Deep knowledge of what drives RTO/RPO SLA’s
- Uses data to support opinions
- Communicates effectively to those in different areas of expertise
- Understands and uses Agile practices effectively
- Expert automation skills using REST API’s, Python, Puppet, Ansible and other automation tools and languages
- Familiarity with data replications solutions such as InMage, SRM, DoubleTake, Veamm, CloudEndure, and Zerto
- Strong working knowledge in one or more of the following, VMware, Hyper-V, KVM, AWS (Xen, EC2), Azure VM
- Experience with multiple operating systems including various Linux flavors, MS-Windows, specifically systems administration, configuration activities.
- Experience in monitoring, logging, availability, clustering, scalability of virtualized infrastructure
- Ability to work across organizational boundaries
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to explain highly technical topics to non-technical partners.
- Exposure with software defined data centers
- Exposure Python programming, REST APIs
- Minimum 5-10 years of experience as development/virtualization engineer.
- Sungard Availability Services offers a high growth environment with excellent compensation and immediate eligibility for our 401(k), health/dental insurance, educational assistance, and more. Sungard AS is an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
- Ability to meet the physical demands of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Employment is contingent upon successful completion of the background investigation and pre-employment drug screen.