Title: Engineer IV - Systems
Job Type: Permanent
About the Position:
This position will be part of the Product Engineering team focused on development and delivery of new Cloud Recovery products and solutions. Specifically, The Infrastructure Engineer is responsible for design, development, testing and implementation of new products based on product management requirements and priorities.
Role and Responsibilities:
We are looking for passionate Infrastructure Engineer who grasps the full span of technologies from storage, through networking, to virtualized compute platforms. The ideal candidate will have experience designing and implementing cloud recovery solutions using technologies such as InMage, SRM, DoubleTake, Veamm, CloudEndure, and Zerto. You are an extraordinary systems engineer talented in designing and solving infrastructure challenges for cloud-like platforms. You will help design and build new solutions/features for next generation of Sungard’s offerings, by, specifically focussing on virtualization and data protection aspects. You will be required to work with product management; engineering and operations team and take complete ownership of delivering features assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent experience. Advanced degree desirable.
- Demonstrated expertise in data protection/replication architectures, designs, and implementations
- Deep knowledge of what drives RTO/RPO SLA’s
- Uses data to support opinions
- Communicates effectively to those in different areas of expertise
- Understands and uses Agile practices effectively
- Strong working knowledge of in one or more of InMage, SRM, DoubleTake, Veamm, CloudEndure, and Zerto
- Experience with one or more of VMware, Hyper-V, KVM, AWS (Xen, EC2), Azure VM
- Experience with multiple operating systems including various Linux flavors, MS-Windows, specifically systems administration, configuration activities.
- Experience in monitoring, logging, availability, clustering, scalability of storage infrastructure
- Experience in automation using various scripting and configuration management tools such as Ansible
- Ability to work across organizational boundaries
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to explain highly technical topics to non-technical partners.
- Exposure with software defined data centers
- Exposure Python programming, REST APIs
- Minimum 5-10 years of experience as infrastructure engineer.
- Sungard Availability Services offers a high growth environment with excellent compensation and immediate eligibility for our 401(k), health/dental insurance, educational assistance, and more. Sungard AS is an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
- Ability to meet the physical demands of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Employment is contingent upon successful completion of the background investigation and pre-employment drug screen.