Area and Site: Houston-TX Philadelphia-PA Thornton-CO
Title: Senior Engineer – Network
Job Type: Permament
Location: Philadelphia-PA, Houston-TX, and Thornton-CO,
This position is part of an engineering team that provides technical leadership for our Global Operations team. The senior engineer serves as a subject matter expert regarding operations tooling and processes used to manage and monitor network and security technologies. This role includes responsibility for defining best-practice processes, creating monitoring templates, developing automation, support the onboarding of new technologies into management and monitoring tools, and lead continuous improvement projects. The senior engineer will work under broad direction and is expected to be a coach / player. An ideal candidate will have experience in a service provider capacity and direct hands-on experience in operations.
- You are a hardworking, competitive type that is driven to succeed.
- You are a self-starter who is always learning and looking for ways to improve.
- You are a leader who works effectively across organizations to troubleshoot and resolve complex problems.
- You are customer focused and professional in your interactions--you build relationships, defuse tense situations, and keep calm in a crisis.
- Act as a technical advisor and mentor for operational support staff. Develop, document and communicate technical best practices and standard operating procedures to ensure services we provide are high performance and highly available.
- Build relationships across organizational boundaries to gain a deep understanding of business and technical requirements. Provide customers and teammates with technical guidance that is based on strong technical skills and informed by the customer’s needs.
- Engage stakeholders and technical staff; gather requirements regarding toolset functionality & performance.
- Proactively identify improvements, changes and new features that lead to higher customer satisfaction, improved team efficiencies and reduced operating costs.
- Develop solutions, documenting complex procedures and planning maintenance activities.
- Act as an escalation point to lead troubleshooting and problem remediation activities.
- Take the lead in managing key internal platforms and infrastructure.
- Work closely with a team of operations engineers who support the architecture and understand the demands of the operational environment.
- Maintain a current understanding of SunGard Availability Services’ products, SLAs and business processes; apply this knowledge in developing and maintaining tools and platforms.
- Bachelors of Science is preferred or equivalent work related experience with a minimum of H.S Diploma.
- 10 years’ experience in an IT support role, preferably at an IT service provider. Including the following areas:
- Juniper routing platforms
- Juniper switching platforms
- Cisco IOS-XE/IOS-XR/IOS knowledge
- Cisco Switching platforms (Catalyst and Nexus)
- SDN (Cisco ACI or VMware NSX)
- Load Balancing (mid-level GTM and LTM)
- Firewalls (Cisco ASA)
- SNMP monitoring tools
- Scripting using unix shells, python, perl, etc
- Sungard Availability Services offers a high growth environment with excellent compensation and immediate eligibility for our 401(k), health/dental insurance, educational assistance, and more. Sungard AS is an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
- Ability to meet the physical demands of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Employment is contingent upon successful completion of the background investigation and pre-employment drug screen.