Sungard Availability Services (Sungard AS) is an industry-recognized leader in delivering resilient and recoverable production environments for global enterprises through managed IT, cloud and recovery services.
Our diverse, global team of “Sungardians” are passionate about applying their insight and deep expertise in production and recovery to Lead with Resilience. We work to understand our customers’ business goals, tailor services that align with their desired business outcomes, and deliver the right environments for managing their critical IT systems. Every Sungard AS employee makes a meaningful contribution to delivering on our mission to transform IT for resilient business. We want to add outstanding talent to our team. If you want to become an integral part of a collaborative organization that offers industry-leading benefits and a commitment to employee advancement, we’d be excited to speak with you!
Tittle: Senior Engineer - Quality Assurance
Years of exp: 4-7 years
About Group and Culture
The Quality engineer will join the Sungard Availability Services (SGAS) Global Product Engineering team during a dynamic and exciting time as we roll out “cloud first” solutions that help our customers transform in an ecosystem where always-recoverable and available environments are now mandatory. You will play a critical role in Recovery as a Service (RaaS) portfolio from Quality Engineering perspective. You will be responsible for implementing the highest levels of quality, test automation & modern DevOps practices to drive quality, repeatability and rapid time-to-delivery.
Sungard AS’ Product Engineering team in India is now looking for passionate and talented Quality engineer to join our growing team, specifically in the Recovery Services. We maintain a culture of technical excellence, while having fun together. If you are interested in ensuring that we deliver highest quality solution and services in a collaborative environment, then you will enjoy this position. A person should have can-do attitude with good business judgement, strong interpersonal communication skills and experience in enterprise class quality.
- Work with product manager, product owner, and other stake holders to understand, analyse requirements for products.
- Should be able to write use cases based on product requirements, automate them, execute them, and track issues in bug tracking system
- Works cohesively with team members in pursuit of team & project goals. Participates in group activities within the team. Builds stable working relationships internally.
- Develop and execute test cases, scripts, plans and procedures (manual and automated).
- Designs and assists in building test automation, has experience with automation tools, and experience automating during current sprints
- Must be self-driven Engineer with desire to use practical and professional concepts in Quality Engineering along with application of QE standards and procedures to resolve issues
- Develops and applies testing processes for new and existing products to meet real world scenarios, limits, and adverse conditions
- Creates detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and automated test cases
- Estimates, prioritizes, plans testing activities
- Identifies, records, documents thoroughly and track bugs, including tracking bugs found and filed through automation
- Manages bugs and proactively identifies risks to management
- Monitors debugging process, performs thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved, close defects only after agreeing that the issue is resolved
- Investigates the causes of non-conforming software and trains developers on how to implement more robust solutions
- Tracks quality assurance metrics, including defect densities and open defect counts
- Stays up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies, advocates them into the team for adoption
- Domain expertise: Data protection: Solid experience with enterprise class backup and data replication
- Experience in VMWare virtualization platform
- Good system level knowledge with basic understanding of: OS, Storage, Networking
- Good to have exposure to any of the tools like Zerto, DoubleTake, Commvault, Cloud Endure, Veeam or anything equivalent
- Should have experience in testing enterprise class application
- Should have worked on any scripting language (preferably Python), PowerShell
- Hands on experience with API and/or CLI testing
- Good experience in Agile methodology (Scrum model). Ability to actively contribute to scrum meetings including daily stand-up, sprint planning, sprint review, design discussions, Demo
- Good to have experience in Linux, Windows administration, Security
- Additionally, the candidate must possess the following:
- Excellent interpersonal communications, both verbal and written
- The ability to work as part of global, virtual team
- A strong sense of self-motivation and work ethic
- A positive, persistent approach to their work
- An ability to reduce complex ideas and problems into lucid concepts and solutions
- A passion for latest technology and innovation
Education & Experience:
- College degree BE/ME/BTech/MTech/in relevant field (Computer Science) or equivalent work experience.
- Overall 4-7 years of experience working with enterprise IT or service provider environments