Tittle: Senior Engineer - Quality Assurance
Years of exp: 4-7 years
About Group and Culture
The Quality engineer will join the Sungard Availability Services (SGAS) Global Product Engineering team during a dynamic and exciting time as we roll out “cloud first” solutions that help our customers transform in an ecosystem where always-recoverable and available environments are now mandatory. You will play a critical role in Recovery as a Service (RaaS) portfolio from Quality Engineering perspective. You will be responsible for implementing the highest levels of quality, test automation & modern DevOps practices to drive quality, repeatability and rapid time-to-delivery.
Sungard AS’ Product Engineering team in India is now looking for passionate and talented Quality engineer to join our growing team, specifically in the Recovery Services. We maintain a culture of technical excellence, while having fun together. If you are interested in ensuring that we deliver highest quality solution and services in a collaborative environment, then you will enjoy this position. A person should have can-do attitude with good business judgement, strong interpersonal communication skills and experience in enterprise class quality.
- Work with product manager, product owner, and other stake holders to understand, analyse requirements for products.
- Should be able to write use cases based on product requirements, automate them, execute them, and track issues in bug tracking system
- Works cohesively with team members in pursuit of team & project goals. Participates in group activities within the team. Builds stable working relationships internally.
- Develop and execute test cases, scripts, plans and procedures (manual and automated).
- Designs and assists in building test automation, has experience with automation tools, and experience automating during current sprints
- Must be self-driven Engineer with desire to use practical and professional concepts in Quality Engineering along with application of QE standards and procedures to resolve issues
- Develops and applies testing processes for new and existing products to meet real world scenarios, limits, and adverse conditions
- Creates detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and automated test cases
- Estimates, prioritizes, plans testing activities
- Identifies, records, documents thoroughly and track bugs, including tracking bugs found and filed through automation
- Manages bugs and proactively identifies risks to management
- Monitors debugging process, performs thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved, close defects only after agreeing that the issue is resolved
- Investigates the causes of non-conforming software and trains developers on how to implement more robust solutions
- Tracks quality assurance metrics, including defect densities and open defect counts
- Stays up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies, advocates them into the team for adoption
- Domain expertise: Solid experience with enterprise class storage replication
- Experience in VMWare virtualization platform
- Good system level knowledge with basic understanding of: OS, Storage, Networking
- Good to have exposure to any of the tools like Actifio, EMC Unity or anything equivalent
- Should have experience in testing enterprise class application
- Should have worked on any scripting language (preferably Python), PoweShell
- Hands on experience with API and/or CLI testing
- Good experience in Agile methodology (Scrum model). Ability to actively contribute to scrum meetings including daily stand-up, sprint planning, sprint review, design discussions, Demo
- Good to have experience in Linux, Windows administration, Security
- Additionally, the candidate must possess the following:
- Excellent interpersonal communications, both verbal and written
- The ability to work as part of global, virtual team
- A strong sense of self-motivation and work ethic
- A positive, persistent approach to their work
- An ability to reduce complex ideas and problems into lucid concepts and solutions
- A passion for latest technology and innovation
Education & Experience:
- College degree BE/ME/BTech/MTech/in relevant field (Computer Science) or equivalent work experience.
- Overall 4-7 years of experience working with enterprise IT or service provider environments