Designation: Associate Manager – Quality Engineering (Recovery Services)
Location: Pune, India
About Group and Culture
The Associate Manager for Quality engineering will join the Sungard Availability Services (SGAS) Global Product Engineering team during a dynamic and exciting time as we roll out “cloud first” solutions that help our customers transform in an ecosystem where always-recoverable and available environments are now mandatory. You will play a critical leadership role in managing Recovery as a Service (RaaS) portfolio from Quality Engineering perspective. You will be responsible for implementing the highest levels of quality, test automation & modern DevOps practices to drive quality, repeatability and rapid time-to-delivery.
Sungard AS’ Product Engineering team in India is now looking for passionate and talented associate QE manager to join our growing team, specifically in the Recovery Services. We maintain a culture of technical excellence, while having fun together. If you are interested in ensuring that we deliver highest quality solution and services in a collaborative environment, then you will enjoy this position. A person should have can-do attitude with good business judgement, strong interpersonal communication skills and experience in enterprise class quality.
- Oversee all aspects of quality engineering including establishing metrics, applying industry best practices, and developing new tools and processes to ensure quality goals are met.
- Drive strategic and tactical test planning, test designing and test execution activity.
- Act as key point of contact for all QE aspects of releases, providing QE services and coordinating QE resources internally and externally.
- Lead, manage and mentor QE team members including outside contract testers.
- Work with product manager, product owner, and other stake holders to understand, analyse requirements for products.
- Ensuring that the team is using defined best practices for QE and agile.
- Establish and evolve formal QE processes.
- Works cohesively with team members in pursuit of team & project goals. Participates in group activities within the team. Builds stable working relationships internally.
- Lead and drive test automation adoption on RaaS portfolio product line.
- Designs and assists in building test automation using existing framework.
- Develops and applies testing processes for new and existing products to meet real world scenarios, limits, and adverse conditions
- Tracks quality assurance metrics, including defect densities and open defect counts
- Present, articulate to and solicit feedback from various engineering, development and operations teams
- Should have strong experience (prior hands-on is must) in Data protection domain with enterprise class backup and data replication.
- Should have worked on VMWare virtualization platform
- Good system level knowledge with basic understanding of: OS, Storage, Networking
- Good to have exposure to any of the tools like SRM, Actifio, Zerto, Cloud Endure, or anything equivalent
- Should have experience in testing enterprise class applications/systems
- Should have ability to manage simultaneous initiatives
- Should be a self-starter, challenger, strategic planner, analytical thinker
- Experience as testing lead or manager
- Strong experience with manual and automated testing, test automation framework, testing tools, writing test plans, reviewing results
- Experience working with global teams, virtual team
- Leadership and strong analytical skills
- Excellent problem solving, interpersonal communication, and project management skills
- Strong understanding of Agile software development life cycle
- Should have worked on any scripting language (preferably Python)
- An ability to reduce complex ideas and problems into lucid concepts and solutions
- A passion for latest technology and innovation
Education & Experience:
- College degree BE/ME/BTech/MTech/in relevant field (Computer Science) or equivalent work experience.
- Overall 8-12 years of experience working with enterprise IT or service provider environments, with at least 4 years of experience as lead/architect