Tittle: Senior Engineer - Product Engineering
Role and Responsibilities
We are looking for passionate development engineers to be part of recovery products we are building. the candidate will have demonstrable skills and experience designing and automating complex workflows using REST APIs, Python, Puppet, Ansible and other languages and scripting tools in the VMware environment. As an extraordinary development engineer, talented in designing solutions for complex virtualized environments delivering resilient solutions, you will help design and build new solutions/features for next generation of Sungard’s Recovery-as-a-Service offerings, by, specifically focussing on virtualization and data protection aspects. You will be required to work with product management; engineering and operations team and take complete ownership of delivering features assigned.
• Graduate or post-graduate degree in Computer Science or Engineering
• Demonstrated expertise in data protection/replication architectures, designs, and implementations
• Deep experience developing and delivering framework, automation for complex workflows
• Deep knowledge of what drives RTO/RPO SLA’s
• Uses data to support opinions
• Communicates effectively to those in different areas of expertise
• Understands and uses Agile practices effectively (Jira, CI/CD)
• Expert automation skills using REST API’s, Python, Puppet, Ansible and other automation tools and languages
• Familiarity with data replications solutions such as InMage, SRM, DoubleTake, Veeam, CloudEndure, and Zerto
• Experience with HP OO tools, ADDM, monitoring
• Strong working knowledge in one or more of the following: VMware, Hyper-V, KVM, AWS (Xen, EC2), Azure VM
• Experience with multiple operating systems including various Linux flavors, MS-Windows, specifically systems administration, configuration activities.
• Experience in monitoring, logging, availability, clustering, scalability of virtualized infrastructure
• Ability to work across organizational boundaries
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to explain highly technical topics to non-technical partners.
• Exposure with software defined data centers
Minimum 4-8 years of experience as development/virtualization engineer.