Title: Architect - Product Engineering
12-15 years of overall experience, with 3-5 years of experience as Storage and/or Recovery Architect. You should have involved in designing, implementing storage replication and recovery.
About Group and Culture
Product Engineering team in India is part of Sungard’s global product engineering team. We have been helping in designing and developing Sungard’s cloud offerings for last 5 years. We are now working on next generation of cloud platform using open source cloud platform called OpenStack based public cloud and managed cloud related activities. We also are working on developing various disaster recovery (DR) and managed services products for Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Microsoft Azure cloud.
The team in India is mix of skilled software developers, systems engineers, architects who are strong on infrastructure and cloud platform and also strong web application development.
Role and Responsibilities
We are looking for passionate and self-motivated technical architect who breathe software defined infrastructure. You are, at core, an extra-ordinary system engineer with flair for designing and solving challenges in storage domain, specifically in disaster recovery domain.
You will help design, architect and build new features for next generation of Sungard AS’s offerings in recovery services. You will be required to work with product management; engineering and operations team and take complete ownership of delivering features assigned. You will need to have the fire to solve big problems.
Graduate or post-graduate degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- Strong understanding of Storage and Storage Networking fundamentals. Deep experience Implementing, Configuring, and Administering Storage technologies for both Block (FC, FCoE, iSCSI) and File (NFS, SMB) protocols.
- Experience with analysis, design and deployment of at least 2 Storage technologies such as EMC VMAX, Unity, NetApp FAS, Actifio,
- Experience with Enterprise-class Storage Networking such as Cisco MDS, Brocade Fabric-OS switches
- Strong experience with virtualization technologies such as VMware, Hyper-V.
- Strong understanding of Datacenter Networking fundamentals. Exposure to Software Defined Networking (SDN)such as Cisco ACI, NSX
- Working knowledge of any of the cloud orchestration platforms such as OpenStack, REST APIs and software defined storage and storage orchestration platforms such ViPR
- Strong experience in working on Linux, Windows operating systems
- Experience with scripting tools such as bash, PowerShell
- Deep troubleshooting skills
Nice to have Skills
- Experience with AWS and/or Microsoft Azure and/or Google Cloud Platform
- Software development experience with Python
- Experience with Agile, DevOps experience with tools such as Jira, Puppet, Chef, Salt, Ansible.
- Exposure to storage benchmarking tools and standards