Title: Principal Consultant
Job Type: Permanent Contract
Location: UK-Paris Garden, London
Reporting to the Cloud Consulting Practice Manager. The Principal Cloud Consultant is expected to cover the full lifecycle of an engagement from supporting sales in scoping and positioning solutions within the pre-sales environment through to team selection and on-boarding and engagement delivery, management and closure.
The successful candidate must drive change by working with client CIO/CTO to set the right agenda to transform IT and their business. Must have a deep understanding of and be able to articulate the cloud transformational journey in both business value and technology terms to a variety of client business and IT stakeholder groups. Their understanding of methods, tools, techniques and experience in the architecture area will help both sustain and accelerate such transformation programmes.
In general, the role is expected to focus on leading, managing and contributing to delivery of Consulting engagements. Ultimately the Principal Consultant is commercially accountable for engagement revenue, margin, client satisfaction and on-going relationship / follow on work
- Delivering Cloud technology advice to our clients, identifying solutions to their issues as appropriate
- This position requires strong communication and presentation skills, business development acumen, a well-developed technical aptitude, the ability to work successfully as part of a team, and a strong industry background.
- Demonstrate initiative and creativity in the development of technical solutions for complex client situations.
- Willing to travel. This position will require at least 50% of the candidates time on site with the customer (EMEA wide)
- Support Account Managers in positioning, scoping and developing proposals, pricing and contracts
- Advising clients on how to optimize their Cloud infrastructure investments
- Assist in delivery team selection and responsible for on-boarding delivery team
- Lead and manage small, medium and large-scale engagements and engagement teams which may include client and third party resources
- Contribute to engagement delivery and act as a subject matter expert and engagement mentor for cloud technical architecture and infrastructure
- Accountable for consistent, predictable and scalable delivery of solutions and services and to ensure successful completion of client engagements as well as overall client satisfaction
- Acting as quality review of technical consulting deliverables
- Assist in Practice growth through mentoring technical professionals and development of key architectural / technical infrastructure intellectual capital
- Represent Sungard AS and present at external forums and events, acting as a subject matter expert in the area of cloud technical infrastructure
- Continually develop own management, consulting and subject expertise as required by the practice
- MBA or equivalent. Desirable.
- SC Clearance. Desirable.
- Member of professional body (e.g. CEng/ MBCS). Desirable.
- Exceptional consulting skills, including methods, tools and techniques to apply within an IT transformation context. Essential.
- Strong knowledge and working experience of architecture design from building block to component level across a number of clients and verticals. Essential.
- Extensive demonstrable experience in technical strategy and architecture development and design within a big 5, other significant branded consultancy or systems integrator environment. Essential.
- Broad knowledge of infrastructure technologies across server, storage, networks and integration technologies with a strong appreciation of cloud strategies, tools and technologies. Essential.
- This position requires strong communication and presentation skills, business development acumen, a well-developed technical aptitude, the ability to work successfully as part of a team, and a strong industry background. Essential.
- Extensive Demonstrable IT industry / infrastructure experience working either client side / technology partner / service provider environment. Essential.
- Ability to both work effectively, influence and develop trusted relationships at senior levels in client organizations. Desirable.
- Leading complex engagements within the IT infrastructure space, of particular relevance would be engagements focused on private and hybrid cloud model development, Data Centre consolidation, post M&A integration, shared services development, cost optimization and sourcing transformation. Desirable.
- Should be able to engage and build rapport with clients quickly and manage own time effectively with little supervision. Essential.
- You should have a deep understanding of and be able to articulate the Hybrid IT transformational journey in both business value and technology terms to a variety of client business and IT stakeholder groups. Their understanding of methods, tools, techniques and experience in the architecture area will help both sustain and accelerate such transformation programmes. Essential.
- Cost and value management, particularly business case development within an IT context. Desirable.
- Candidate must be eligible to work in the UK and complete BS7858 British standard screening prior to joining company.
- Sungard Availability Services offers a high growth environment with excellent compensation and immediate eligibility for our 401(k), health/dental insurance, educational assistance, and more. Sungard AS is an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
- Ability to meet the physical demands of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Employment is contingent upon successful completion of the background investigation and pre-employment drug screen.