Area and Site: Atlanta-GA Philadelphia-PA Thornton-CO
Title: Engineer - DevOps
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Thornton-CO and Philadelphia-PA
Sungard Availability Services is the availability expert. Relied on by 70% of the Fortune 50 and over half of the Fortune 500, we provide tailored, flexible solutions for our global customer base. With more than 3,000 employees around the world, we keep critical information up and running wherever customers need us: on-site, at a third-party vendor, or, increasingly, in the cloud.
The Product Engineering Organization is looking to make an investment in Sustained Engineering. Sustained Engineering is the practice of maintaining long-term support for many of Sungard AS’s key products. We will be handling multiple products stemming from multiple lines of business. If you are a top-tier engineer who wants the opportunity to innovate with a creative and talented team and have a positive, "can do" attitude, we want to hear from you.
The Sustained Engineering DevOps Engineer will manage bugs and infrastructure fixes for many different product lines. The engineer will be integral in maintaining and improving the deployment process and application availability. The engineer will provide production support and monitoring for all DevOps supported code bases and services. The position recognizes the value of tools and process, and requires a passion for bringing development and operations together. Here you have the opportunity to be on the ground floor of a new team, help to realize and develop culture, and leverage your technical expertise to improve the availability of product lines for Sungard AS. We will employ Agile methodologies to drive success and bug closure as rapidly as possible.
We are looking for experience with (Qualifications):
- Virtualization systems (e.g. VMWare, KVM)
- Networking and configuring network devices
- Configuration management tools (e.g. Puppet, Ansible, Chef, Salt)
- OS management for Linux (e.g. RHEL) and Windows (e.g. Windows Server 2012)
- Database technologies (e.g. MySQL, PostgreSQL)
- Scripting and coding (e.g. Bash, some PowerShell, and Python)
- Application stack debugging and support (e.g. Python/Django, LAMP)
- 3+ years experience in a DevOps role
- source control systems (git)
- Honest and accountable to peers
- Demonstrate leadership balanced with a continued desire for learning and growth
- Hardworking, competitive, and driven to succeed
- Independently motivated to deliver on team goals
- Proactive thinker anticipating user needs
- Outspoken contributor of ideas and solutions
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (English)
- Strong problem-solving abilities and analytical skills
- Comfort working remotely and with remote team member.
Desired but not Required:
- College Degree in appropriate technical field (CIS, CS, etc.)
- Experience using Atlassian software (JIRA, BitBucket, etc.)
- Experience regarding Backup and Disaster Recovery Software.
- Sungard Availability Services offers a high growth environment with excellent compensation and immediate eligibility for our 401(k), health/dental insurance, educational assistance, and more. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of the background investigation and pre-employment drug screen.
- Sungard Availability Services is an equal opportunity employer.
- Sungard Availability Services offers a high growth environment with excellent compensation and immediate eligibility for our 401(k), health/dental insurance, educational assistance, and more. Sungard AS is an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
- Ability to meet the physical demands of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Employment is contingent upon successful completion of the background investigation and pre-employment drug screen.