Title: Senior Architect - Solutions
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Wayne-PA and Location is open to all other Sungard Availability Services office locations
Drive incremental revenue through the development, and maintaining of C-level technical and business relationships with large complex sales opportunities to best position Sungard Availability Services capabilities and integrated value proposition. Using a consultative selling approach, identify client business issues, determine client desired outcomes, and architect an information availability solution that utilizes all of Sungard Availability Services products and services, including consulting services, software services, managed services, advanced and traditional recovery services.
- Manage the communication and internal cooperation of Sungard Availability Services resources: Sales, Support, Operations, Legal, Contract Admin and executive team to drive sales success.
- Maintain familiarity and adherence to all Sungard Availability Services methods and procedures.
- Prioritize and maintain sales pipeline within assigned region, focusing on large or strategic opportunities, as defined by Sales. Report out on deal status and progress.
- Brand ambassador for Sungard Availability Services; thought leadership in presenting to industry groups as requested.
- Provide feedback into new and existing product portfolio and strategic roadmap.
- Drive efficiencies and change within the Solutions Engineering organization through process improvements.
- Provide mentoring, training, and coaching within the Sales organization.
- Travel as needed for the role. This varies by geography and ranges up to 50% or more in some instances such as national roles.
- Develop and deliver effective professional presentations at any internal or external level.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships within Sungard Availability Services.
- Maintain a solid working knowledge of Sungard Availability Services products and services.
- Complete all assigned product, services, policy and other training as assigned by management.
- Complete quarterly objectives (MBO’s).
- Track time/activities as defined by management.
- All other job duties as assigned by management.
Professional Experience and Qualities:
- Uniquely talented and highly intelligent with a results-oriented mindset.
- Ten (10) to fifteen (15) years’ experience, or equivalent, in the technology industry, which resulted from consumer-facing roles in sales, and/or solutions engineering.
- Significant experience in the background of information technology/IT infrastructure segment.
- Proven track record of establishing and solidifying strategic relationships with key customers and partners, while representing suites of complex IT, IT services, and/or advanced availability solutions.
- Ability to take a holistic and strategic view of the business process, leveraging a deep understanding of end-to-end business models and sales.
- Self-starter with a reputation for being an effective change agent.
- Tenacious work ethic, doing “whatever it takes” with resolve, integrity and an appropriate sense of urgency to meet deadlines and get the job done.
- Exhibited skill-set, capabilities, and hard-hitting determination to drive through actions in partnership with management/business unit partners.
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering preferred, but will consider applicants with equivalent work-related experience in a technical service or product support role with a minimum educational requirement of a H.S. Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Min of five years supporting complex client requirements assessment and solutions development required.
- 10 – 15 years of technical services, pre-sales support experience or equivalent.
- 5 - 7 years of managed hosting services, networking experience, or equivalent.
- 5 – 7 years of business and/or technical consulting experience or equivalent
- An MBA is a plus
- Ability to develop, write, and defend complex business case analysis for solutions not part of current product required.
- Exceptional listening and verbal and written communication skills required.
- Excellent presentation skills at all levels – ideally proven CxO level presentation expertise.
- Exceptional project management skills with the ability to prioritize multiple complex projects required.
Technical skills - required:
- Enterprise architecture and integrated solution design:
- TCP/IP networking
- Data center operations basics including; power, HVAC, fire suppression, security
- Windows and UNIX OS basics
- 3-tier web architectures
- LAN, WAN and security design
- Storage and backup technology design
- Basic understanding of high availability methods, protocols and designs
- Business continuity and disaster recovery strategies and methodologies.
- Managed Hosting Services delivery, technologies and concepts.
- Data replication and data mirroring technologies and processes.
Preferred Technical skills:
- Network security methods, appliances and systems.
- SAN, NAS and DASD installation, configuration and management
- Web, database, middleware, email or ERP application installation, configuration and management
- Business and Technical consulting services.
- General business operations.
- Sungard Availability Services offers a high growth environment with excellent compensation and immediate eligibility for our 401(k), health/dental insurance, educational assistance, and more. Sungard AS is an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
- Ability to meet the physical demands of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Employment is contingent upon successful completion of the background investigation and pre-employment drug screen.