Area and Site: Houston-TX Philadelphia-PA Thornton-CO Wayne-PA
- The Director of Quality Engineering & Engineering Services will join the Sungard Availability Services (SGAS) Global Product Engineering team during a dynamic and exciting time as we roll out “cloud first” solutions that help our customers transform in an ecosystem where always-recoverable and available environments are now mandatory. This person will play a critical leadership role in managing Quality Engineering & Engineering Services, while rolling out world class Development Operations (DevOps) methodologies. This is a critical role on our journey towards building SGAS Product Engineering’s DevOps Infrastructure and best practices. You will be responsible for implementing the highest levels of quality, test automation & modern development practices to drive quality, repeatability and rapid time-to-delivery.
- The individual will report to the Senior Director of Engineering and have direct leadership over Quality Engineering & Engineering Services teams:
- Staff, lead, mentor and manage the Quality Engineering, which includes Test Automation & Technical Documentation teams
- Work with development leaders to ensure all Engineering processes are consistent, scalable and aligned to the organization’s objectives
- Partner & manage outsource teams, as required, in execution of the Product Engineering’s operational vision
- Management responsibility for budget, staffing and reporting
- Participate in mentorship, proof of concepts, architecture, and design reviews to ensure process and operational goals are met
In this role, the Director will balance his/her time between leading teams, Quality Engineering, Test Automation projects, Technical Documentation projects, assisting or executing DevOps projects, influencing improvements in productivity, innovation, quality and predictability, building thought leadership in development process, and driving alignment of adoption of common design methods across our solution & services portfolio.
EDUCATION, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
The ideal experience and critical competencies for the role include the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree ideally in Computer Science, Engineering or Information Technology;
- 15+ years of experience demonstrating a strong understanding of complex product and solution design and development principles;
- Proven leader and manager of matrixed development & engineering operations teams
- Strong communication skills and the ability to interface with executive management
- Ability to adapt within a rapidly changing environment
- Attention to detail and concern for quality and accuracy of final product
- Demonstrated team player, self-starter, and independent thinker
- Outstanding decision making and problem solving skills
- Intimate knowledge of Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery and Test Automation concepts
- System / software integration and architecture experience
- Affinity for continuous improvement and driving change
- Ability to work & collaborate with multiple cross-site teams
- Familiar with CI/CD deployment tools (eg. Jenkins, Ansible, Puppet, Chef, etc.)
- Familiar with Test Automation Infrastructures & Tools
- Familiar with development support tools (eg. ticketing system, wikis, code review, source control)
- Familiar with Technical Documentation systems, tools & best practices
- Somewhat familiar with several programming languages (eg. Java, C#, PHP, Python, etc.)
In terms of cultural fit, the successful candidate will be self-motivated and energized by working amongst a group of thoughtful, smart and successful colleagues. He or she will enjoy being part of an organization focused on excellence and will be a naturally collaborative person who enjoys interacting with individuals at all levels. Additionally, he or she will be a strong team player with a proactive approach and the ability to exercise discretion and judgment.
- Sungard Availability Services offers a high growth environment with excellent compensation and immediate eligibility for our 401(k), health/dental insurance, educational assistance, and more. Sungard AS is an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
- Ability to meet the physical demands of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Employment is contingent upon successful completion of the background investigation and pre-employment drug screen.