Title: Solution Architect
Job Type: Permanent
Location: UK – Paris Garden
The Solution Architect will be required to support Sales opportunities from RFP requirement definition, through customer workshops to solution design, pricing, proposition and presentation to a customer, in collaboration with the account management team. Working with the customer and internal teams in the design of a technically viable Managed Services solution, that’s Sungard AS supportable, and commercially beneficial to both parties. Support Sales opportunities from RFP requirement definition, through customer workshops to solution design, pricing, proposition and presentation to a customer, in collaboration with the account management team.
- Deliver an in-depth overview of Sungard AS's technical architecture and proprietary product capabilities that provide its unique value in the market.
- Using the various Business Support Systems to create a detailed price quotation and technical solution for inclusion into a proposal in order to allow the Sales Team to respond to the client requirement in a timely manner.
- Learn and maintain a comprehensive knowledge of Sungard AS Managed Services portfolio and liaise with the relevant departments to provide a comprehensive supportable solution.
- Maintain a comprehensive knowledge of technology and market trends within the IT industry particularly with regard to high available dual site solutions, cloud a managed hosting.
- Liaise with suppliers and partners in the creation of the supportable managed services solution.
- Provide a high level solution handover document to Service Delivery and articulation the solution the customer has contracted for, to the Project Management team.
- Work supportively with colleagues, operating in a collegiate manner at all times and in line with the Company’s values.
- Vendor qualifications (i.e VMware, MS, EMC, Netapp Cisco, AWS, Oracle F5 etc.). Desirable.
- Industry body accreditations advantageous (TOGAF, ITIL, SNIA, BCS, cEng, etc.). Desirable.
- Extensive demonstrable experience of supporting Sales teams in a Pre-sales role. Essential.
- Strong knowledge of the ‘as a Service’ cloud marketplace, and underlying technologies (Orchestration Engines etc.). Essential.
- A comprehensive technical knowledge of technology, applications and IT issues, standards and processes. (NB - this not a “hands on” technical role). Essential.
- A good understanding of servers, storage and networking solutions including equipment, services, security and capabilities. Essential.
- A comprehensive technical knowledge of technology, applications and IT issues, standards and processes. (NB - this not a “hands on” technical role). Desirable.
- Gravitas – the need to make a confidence inspiring impression with customers and partners. Essential.
- Demonstrate a high degree of commercial acumen. Essential.
- Familiarity with basic financial concepts, and common commercial practices. Desirable.
- Translation skills – be able to simply explain the business benefit of a complex technology solution. Essential.
- Strong written, verbal and presentation communication skills. Essential.
- A good understanding of the Managed Services Provider marketplace. Desirable.
- Candidate must be eligible to work in the UK and complete BS7858 British standard screening prior to joining company.
- Sungard Availability Services offers a high growth environment with excellent compensation and immediate eligibility for our 401(k), health/dental insurance, educational assistance, and more. Sungard AS is an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
- Ability to meet the physical demands of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Employment is contingent upon successful completion of the background investigation and pre-employment drug screen.