Title: Platform Architect I - Recovery Services
Years of Experience: 10- 12 years
The Platform Architect is responsible for maintaining customers’ configuration data, development of high quality recovery procedure documentation (RPD), design and implement Managed Services solution. S/he would be required to work with the customer directly or the Customer Services Principal for making sure that Managed services design, Recovery Config Info, Recovery Strategy and Recovery Procedure documentation is up-to-date and can be used to meet specified RTO/RPO ATOT/ATOD. The Platform Architect is also responsible for leveraging backup and recovery Best Practices in industry, and continuously optimizes DR and Managed services solution. Platform Architects should provide technical leadership and develop recovery solutions and automation for optimum RTO, RPO, demonstrated by successful DR tests. S/he will lead the technical development with CSPs, Customer SMEs and operations engineers. Goal of such engagement is to continuously improve our MRP service offering, improve RPD, and client test experience.
Specific responsibilities of the Platform Architect include:
• Analyzing customer solutions relative to industry Best Practices
• Ability to navigate client DR solutions identifying “what” needs to be recovered and “how” recovery ought to be accomplished
• Provide, test, and oversee execution of high quality recovery procedure documentation
Physical Configuration Due Diligence
• Identify technology dependencies, current backup methodologies and technologies, critical components and recovery priorities
• Assess recovery priorities, technology dependencies and alternatives, recovery dependencies, current recovery plans, and current RTO against current configuration that will contribute to an overall recovery “playbook” execution ATOT/ATOD.
• Define an opportunity analysis covering virtualization, consolidation and Advanced Recovery Assessment of the current RTO objectives
Application Configuration Due Diligence
• Review and understand the application classification, tiers and dependencies and capture any relevant application to host mappings
• Validate the application configuration information against the infrastructure configuration and the contracted commitment
• Provide an assessment of the application technology dependencies and alternatives, application recovery dependencies, and the RTO against the current configuration
• Document the application configuration and application recovery assessments, and dependencies and gaps
• Provide an opportunity analysis covering virtualization, consolidation and Advanced Recovery assessment of the current RTO objectives
Recovery Procedure Documentation:
• Ensure Standard Recovery Best Practices are executed as part of the Client Recovery Test Solution
• Participate with Client Services Principal (CSP) to conduct meetings with clients to review project status and review developed procedures and effectively manage client expectations
• Be accountable for the quality and consistency of the developed application recovery procedures leveraging SunGard’s Procedure Documentation Team
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technology discipline
• At least 8 yrs of experience architecting Windows and Citrix related solutions.
• Upgrade and migration for Windows and VMware
• VMWare design experience will be a plus
• Disaster Recovery design experience is a plus.
• Windows Cluster experience will be a plus.
• Participation in process and change management will be a plus.
· Deep technical expertise across multiple technologies:
• Windows Recovery (Windows 2003, 2008, 2008 R2, 2012 R2, 2016 physical as well as Virtual).
• VMWare – knowledge on vSphere 5.x, 6.x
• Citrix XepApp and XenDesktop
• Knowledge of Active Directory.
• Knowledge of Basic Networking.
• Must have hands-on experience windows, Citrix and VMware
• CCNA is an added advantage.
• VMWare SRM is an added advantage.
• Microsoft Hyper-V – is an added advantage.
• Recovery using VADP, VMDK, Replication technologies
• Exposure to Backup Technology Recovery (TSM, Net-Backup, Commvault, DD, Backup Exec, Networker with focus on Windows, VM restore/recovery)
• Solid working knowledge of Windows, Citrix, AD, VMWare
• Citrix XenApp and XenDesktop
• Exposure to Storage technologies, SAN, NAS, CIFS and networking technologies from virtualization standpoint. Should have a good understanding of TCP/IP, routing and switching
• Should have good skills on MS – Excel and MS –Office.
• Must have the ability to analyze technical documentation and identify gaps/risks
• Strong writing skills to produce technical documentation is a MUST and ability to lead technical working sessions
• Good communication skills are a must as the job involves frequent interaction with customers across the globe.
• Good troubleshooting and analytical skills
• Proven experience leading the delivery of complex DR testing services
• Tenacious work ethic, doing whatever it takes with resolve, integrity and an appropriate sense of urgency to meet deadlines and get the job done.
• Team Player mentality with experience building relationships in a matrix environment.
• Excellent technical leadership and interpersonal skills that instill confidence and trust among SunGard’s client base, internal superiors and peers
• Platform/OS, Virtualization, and network certifications are a plus