Title: Architect - Product Engineering
Years of experience: 14- 16 years
• Work with product manager, product owner, and other stake holders to understand, analyse requirements for products.
• Create and document design, architecture of technical solutions for Sungard AS Recovery Services’ products
• Present, articulate to and solicit feedback from various engineering, development and operations teams
• Carry out research, PoC into emerging and existing technologies related to above strategic initiatives
• Work within sprints along with other team members to deliver features in agile mode.
• Work with existing engineering and operations teams to understand existing infrastructure and offering, and take advantage of current best practices
While the emphasis of this role will be focused on developing the long-term vision and PoCs for future of Sungard AS’ offerings, to be successful, the candidate will have significant background and technical knowledge in more than one of the following areas (or similar):
You need to be strong on virtualization, storage, disaster recovery domain, experience with at least one replication product (such as CommVault, Actifio, Zerto, etc), along with automation experience using scripting and/or Python.
• Experience with VMware, along with vRealize Automation suite
• Experience storage products
• Experience with monitoring tools such as Zenoss, ticketing tools such as ServiceNow, server automation tools such as HPOO, OMI.
• Automation (Any of Puppet, Ansible, Python, PowerShell, Ruby, etc).
• Experience with REST APIs, CLI
• Service provider experience highly desired.
• Experience of working in Agile process.
• Additionally, the candidate must possess the following:
o Excellent interpersonal communications, both verbal and written
o The ability to work as part of a global, virtual team
o A strong sense of self-motivation and work ethic
o A positive, persistent approach to their work
o An ability to reduce complex ideas and problems into lucid concepts and solutions
o A passion for new technology and innovation
Education & Experience:
• College degree BE/ME/BTech/MTech/in relevant field (Computer Science) or equivalent work experience.
• Overall 10-12 years of experience working with enterprise IT or service provider environments, with at least 2 years of experience as Architect