Area and Site: Philadelphia-PA Thornton-CO Wayne-PA
Sungard AS is looking for a technical writer to join our Product Engineering team! We are building exciting products in the Cloud and Recovery space. We are looking for a candidate to join our team to be the primary documentation writer for one of our key products.
- Responsible for joining scrum meetings and demos, and documenting solutions for both internal and external consumers
- Responsible for creating documentation that enables the Sungard AS Operations Team to deploy and support consumption of the services we produce in Product Engineering
- Work with internal teams to obtain an in-depth understanding of the product and the documentation requirements
- Interface with feature leads to get details on solutions as required; understand the solution completely so the resulting written material is extremely precise and accurate
- Follow documentation standards, and help define and drive practices across projects
The technical writer will be responsible for working directly in a specific engineering team to create solution reference documentation. This includes how-to’s, operational procedures and technical solution written documentation for our partner organizations and customers to consume.
- Demonstrable working experience in technical writing of software documentation
- Experience creating reference documentation, online documentation, technical solution documentation, FAQs, how-to’s and SOP guides with inputs from technical staff
- Candidates with some background in cloud recovery services and tools preferred; exposure to cloud technology and cloud failover/recovery capabilities leveraging AWS, Azure, Zerto, SRM, Actifio, CloudEndure, etc. is a plus
- Experience managing and maintaining large sets of technical documentation
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously within a fast-paced environment with rapidly changing priorities
- Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize complex tasks
- Outstanding written/verbal communication skills
- Comprehensive computer skills with strong proficiency in MS Office Suite, including Visio
- Experience with Agile development methodologies and being a member of a scrum team
- The ability to work as part of a global, virtual team
Additionally, the successful candidate must possess the following:
- Superior interpersonal communication skills, both verbal and written
- A positive, persistent approach to their work
- The drive to get things done, and done correctly
- A passion for technology and innovation, and providing the right information to users so they can derive the most benefit from our products
- Examples of written materials that well represent the kinds of efforts the candidate has driven
- Optionally, examples of work that the candidate considers innovative
Education & Experience
- BS/BA in Technical Writing, English, Communications or related field preferred, but not required
- 5 years of proven work experience in technical writing of software documentation
- Relevant ongoing education through certifications, formal or self-study
- Sungard Availability Services offers a high growth environment with excellent compensation and immediate eligibility for our 401(k), health/dental insurance, educational assistance, and more. Sungard AS is an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
- Ability to meet the physical demands of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Employment is contingent upon successful completion of the background investigation and pre-employment drug screen.