Area and Site: Houston-TX Thornton-CO Wayne-PA
Title: Senior Product Manager
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Houston-TX, Thornton-CO, Wayne-PA
As the Senior. Product Manager, Managed Recovery, you will develop and deliver next generation of Sungard AS managed recovery services
- You are a hardworking, competitive type that is driven to succeed.
- Self-starter with a reputation for being an effective change agent.
- Have a solid understanding of the data protection space and exposure to multiple backup, vaulting and data replication technologies
- You will use client input, market knowledge, and practical experience to define product requirements. The key responsibilities are described in more detail as follows:
- Develop, maintain and lead effort to establish industry leading recover services product strategy and roadmap
- Define, develop product requirements and partner with engineering to deliver products to meet customers’ data protection and data recovery requirements
- Demonstrate Subject Matter Expertise in product areas specified and drive cross functional teams to deliver agreed upon results
- Track and maintain performance metrics for new products and service launches and manage product line life cycle from strategic planning to tactical activities for Recovery Services.
- Specify market requirements for current and future products by conducting market research supported by visits to prospective and existing customers.
- Lead efforts to increase revenue and profits and reduce costs associated with product lines, and develop product forecasts, pricing, and operational models.
- Develop and maintain value-based pricing frameworks for product offerings and lead strategic projects for assigned lines of business.
- Drive product solution sets across development teams (primarily Development/Engineering and Marketing Communications) through market requirements, product contract, and positioning, and work with Product Marketing to maintain and provide content for product related collateral and sales tools.
- Work with Marketing Communications to define the go-to-market strategy, helping them understand the product positioning, key benefits, and target customers.
- Participate in various sales support activities, including product and services training, seminar and documentation development, and pre- and post-sales customer visits.
- Analyze potential partner relationships for product gaps, and develop and maintain channel, delivery, and technology partner relationships.
- Bachelor’s or foreign equivalent degree in Computers or Engineering, plus five+ years of progressive experience in IT product design and development or a Master’s or foreign equivalent degree in Computers or Engineering, plus two years of experience in IT product design and development.
- Experience with backup, restore and recovery technologies.
- Experience developing Cloud, SaaS, or Managed Services products.
- Experience with Product Development Life Cycle (PDLC) or New Product Development (NPD) process, Stage Gate, and concept of Design, Build, Transfer, Operate.
- Experience developing business cases, market requirements documents, and product/service requirements documents.
- Position requires travel to current and potential customer locations throughout the U.S. and to Sungard AS locations throughout North America and Europe.
- Sungard Availability Services offers a high growth environment with excellent compensation and immediate eligibility for our 401(k), health/dental insurance, educational assistance, and more. Sungard AS is an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
- Ability to meet the physical demands of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Employment is contingent upon successful completion of the background investigation and pre-employment drug screen.