Product Manager - Government Cloud
UK - Paris Garden, London
- The Product Manager will be responsible for specific services to support Sungard AS. The product manager will be responsible for all aspects of defining, launching and enhancing services and working with other functional stakeholders to ensure financial success and profitability of the services. The product manager will bring a balance of business acumen and technology understanding and will communicate and work with multiple parts of the company (including other Product groups, Sales, Operations, Marketing, Legal, IT, and Engineering) to effectively execute on a defined vision.
- To lead in the development and management of allocated products and services to include;
- Lifecycle, product financials, product management strategy. Ensuring that Sungard AS products and services are fit for purpose, compliant, profitable and relevant
You will be responsible for the full end to end product life cycle management of UK Government Cloud and IT services and demonstrate the following key skills and traits that include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Demonstrable working experience within the Cloud and IT industry, including conceptualising, strategising and delivering cloud and IT solutions. You have a solid awareness of virtualisation and AWS cloud technologies and how these are used by UK Government departments (preferable).
- Multi-discipline: You are knowledgeable across multiple functional areas such engineering, sales, customer support, finance, and marketing. This is over and above knowing and applying product management skills in previous roles across different lifecycle stages of previous "owned" products.
- Data and analytics driven: Your product decisions or opportunity assessments will be backed by supporting data. Financial data harvesting and business case generation are also key areas of previous experience and skills required.
- Excellent communication skills: You can clearly articulate the vision and confidently communicate with all stakeholder levels: Sungard AS, Customer, 3rd Parties and Partners - both verbal and written.
- Strong leadership skills: You are able to engage and inspire others whom you have no direct managerial authority over.
- Security clearance: You will be open to additional external security vetting to work with Official UK Government data.
- UK Government frameworks: You will be familiar with UK procurement frameworks, in particular G-Cloud, preferably.
- Educated to A-Level standard or Equivalent as a minimum, Mathematics and English essential. Essential.
- Vendor or industry accreditations. Desirable.
- IT qualifications and certifications. Desirable.
- A broad understanding of technology, applications and IT including issues, standards and processes. Essential.
- An understanding of virtualization (VMware, Xen), Operating Systems (Microsoft, Linux). Essential.
- Strong industry and market knowledge with good competitor analysis. Desirable.
- Good use of cost control and business analysis including financial management and business case development. Essential.
- Strong Commercial acumen and experience in running a product P&L / business unit P&L. Desirable.
- Proven skills in negotiation both buying and selling. Essential.
- Good oral, written and presentation communication skills. Essential.
- Proven ability to work in a global virtual / Matrix team. Essential.
- Well-developed customer facing skills, confident in handling internal customers, suppliers and partners. Essential.
- Capable of being flexible in approach and able to apply alternative methods to overcome problems in what is a dynamic environment. Essential.
- Strong team-working skills. Essential.
- Willing to travel overseas (40%). Essential.
- Candidate must be eligible to work in the UK and complete BS7858 British standard screening prior to joining company.