Title: Specialist - Incident Management
Years of experience: 8 -10 years
• Must be decisive.
• Must possess strong interpersonal skills in order to work in a dynamic and fast-paced team environment, and drive success for engineers and team members that do not report to you. You are a hardworking, competitive type that is driven to succeed.
• You are a leader with the proven ability to take control of outage events along with maintaining a bridge commander presence.
• Detailed oriented individual who realizes documentation is a key function in this role.
• Accountable for restoration of service for Sungard’s most critical incident management process actions (defined as internal crisis events affecting facilities and services), including guiding technical teams to execute recovery procedures.
• Accountable for the restoration of service for Sungard’s single customer outages by guiding technical teams to execute timely resolution procedures.
• Provide exceptional customer service through timely communication, professionalism and a strong sense of urgency to our customers and fellow team members.
• Act as Crisis Event Manager for all internal critical (internal crisis declaration) issues affecting Sungard internal infrastructure and single customer systems. Drive a high sense of urgency in actions and communications. Coordinate a management and technical communication bridges and execute escalation procedures with intelligence and authority. Maintains bridge commander presence throughout the event.
• Provide timely, succinct and clear written and verbal communication to all stakeholders during internal crisis events including delivery of a written Service Interruption Report (SIR) within 24 hours of service restored declaration.
• Conduct post-mortem reviews with accuracy, precision and succinctness, both for specific individual events as required and for all events occurring in a specific time period for thorough evaluation of root cause(s), specific corrective actions, and general corrective actions across Sungard’s infrastructure. Coordinate activities with ITIL Problem Management governance team.
• Provide strong governance on the customer created P2 tickets to resolve them within the TTR.
• Track, report and manage all follow-up actions for timely closure including procedure, process, training, technology and people actions associated with improving Sungard AS services.
• Participate in an on-call rotation and provide off-hours and weekend support as needed to deliver the service.
• Drive globalization of processes, training, nomenclature and responsiveness for internal crisis events.
• Has held a position that was responsible for receiving escalations, and managed the process and response to the issue while meeting a Service Level Agreement requirement.
• Extensive experience with incident and problem management processes and procedures. Knowledge of monitoring infrastructure and capabilities a plus.
• Strong leadership skills with the proven ability to operate in a bridge commander role.
• Must possess strong interpersonal skills in order to work in a dynamic and fast-paced team environment, and drive success for engineers and team members that do not report to you.
• Diplomatic and capable of developing positive customer relationships
• Good technical problem solving skills. Proven ability to have relentless follow-up. Self-starter with the ability to perform position requirements without supervision.
• Clear verbal and written communication. Must be able to write concise, customer CIO-facing, technical documents that anticipate and answer executive level questions after an outage or internal crisis event.
• A willingness to learn new technologies.
• Graduate in Science, BCA, MCA, or BE.
• Strong experience using the Microsoft Office tool set.
• Must be flexible with regard to schedule and be willing to be responsive 24 by 7 when and when not on-call.
• Hands-on working knowledge of SNOW or other ticketing tool.