Title: Senior Engineer - Solutions
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Wayne, PA
As a Senior Solutions Engineer, you will be responsible for the end-to-end success of Sungard AS’ complex opportunities; including pre-sales support, solution design, pricing, and proper documentation and turnover to ensure a successful implementation. The Senior Solutions Engineer will also have an impact on the organization strategically; through feedback and improvements upon product strategy, pricing, big deal processes and ‘Voice of the Customer’ contributions from Operations and Implementation to continually improve solution design quality.
- Drive incremental revenue through the development, and maintaining of C-level technical and business relationships with large complex sales opportunities to best position Sungard AS’s capabilities and integrated value proposition.
- Using a consultative selling approach, identify client business issues, determine client desired outcomes and architect an information availability solution that utilizes all of Sungard AS’s products and services, including consulting services, software services, managed services, advanced and traditional recovery services.
- Manage the communication and internal cooperation of Sungard AS resources: Enterprise Solutions, Sales, Support, Operations, Legal, Contract Administration and executive team to drive sales success.
- Prioritize and maintain sales pipeline within assigned region, focusing on large or strategic opportunities, as defined by Sales. Report out on deal status and progress.
- Brand ambassador for Sungard AS; thought leadership in presenting to industry groups as requested.
- Provide feedback into new and existing product portfolio and strategic roadmap.
- Partner with the sales team to design solutions for customers.
- Account for both high level (ROM) and detailed development estimates for a proposed solution.
- Manage the solutioning processes with cross-functional teams as required to envision, define, design and monitor the implementation of complex solutions to our clients.
- Drive efficiencies and change within the Solutions Engineering organization through process improvements.
- Travel as needed for the role. This varies by geography and ranges up to 50% or more in some instances such as national roles.
- Develop and deliver effective professional presentations at any internal or external level.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships within Sungard AS.
- Maintain a solid working knowledge of Sungard products and services.
- Complete all assigned product, services, policy and other training as assigned by management.
- All other job duties as assigned by management.
Professional Experience and Qualities:
- Uniquely talented and highly intelligent with a results-oriented mindset.
- Seven (7) to Ten (10) years’ experience, or equivalent, in the technology industry, which resulted from consumer-facing roles in sales, and/or solutions engineering.
- Significant experience in the background of information technology/IT infrastructure segment.
- Proven track record of establishing and solidifying strategic relationships with key customers and partners, while representing suites of complex IT, IT services, and/or advanced availability solutions.
- Ability to take a holistic and strategic view of the business process, leveraging a deep understanding of end-to-end business models and sales.
- Self-starter with a reputation for being an effective change agent.
- Tenacious work ethic, doing “whatever it takes” with resolve, integrity and an appropriate sense of urgency to meet deadlines and get the job done.
- Exhibited skill-set, capabilities, and hard-hitting determination to drive through actions in partnership with management/business unit partners.
- Ability to communicate complex technical solutions to a business and/or functional audience.
- Clear understanding of all tiers of a technical solution both from a technical and business mindset.
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering preferred, but will consider applicants with equivalent work-related experience in a technical service or product support role with a minimum educational requirement of a H.S. Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Min of 5 years supporting complex client requirements assessment and solutions development required.
- 7 – 10 years of technical services, pre-sales support experience or equivalent.
- 3 - 5 years of managed hosting services, networking experience, or equivalent.
- 3 – 5 years of business and/or technical consulting experience or equivalent.
- Ability to develop, write and defend complex business case analysis for solutions not part of current product required.
- Exceptional listening and verbal and written communication skills required.
- Excellent presentation skills at all levels – ideally proven CxO level presentation expertise.
- Exceptional project management skills with the ability to prioritize multiple complex projects required.
- Enterprise architecture and integrated solution design
- IT Outsourcing design approach, datacenter transformation planning and design.
- Cloud Computing solution design
- Have at least one industry / Vendor professional certification in a relative technical discipline
- TCP/IP networking.
- Data center operations basics including; power, HVAC, fire suppression, security.
- Windows, Linux and UNIX OS basics.
- 3-tier web architectures.
- LAN, WAN and security design.
- Storage and backup technology design.
- Basic understanding of high availability methods, protocols and designs.
- Business continuity and disaster recovery strategies and methodologies.
- Managed Hosting Services delivery, technologies and concepts.
- Data replication and data mirroring technologies and processes.
- Strong VMware virtualization background.
- Strong written and verbal English skills.
- Confident in understanding requirements, acts on initiative to deliver.
- Detail oriented; ability to quickly learn new technologies as required.
- Self-starter with strong teamwork abilities.
- Ability to work in a dynamic and fast paced environment.
- Understanding of broad technology areas and of industry trends.
- An MBA is a plus.
- Network security methods, appliances and systems.
- Web, database, middleware, email or ERP application installation, configuration and management.
- Business and Technical consulting services.
- Knowledge of general business operations.
- Experience with cloud management portals such as vRealize Automation, OpenStack, AWS.
- Familiarity with the Cloud ecosystem, products and solutions.
- Experience with database management systems.
- Familiarity with Virtualization products and solutions.
- Strong product/technology/industry knowledge.