The Vice President of Sales is a strategic leader in the Sungard Availability Services Sales organization and is responsible for the enhancement and management of a world-class territory. The Vice President of Sales operates with a “pipeline mentality” to encourage transparency and visibility in the organization and will utilize a standardized set of Key Performance Indicators to measure performance and ensure attainment of target revenues and other Sales goals. This position has prominent visibility both internally and externally with senior level executives. The Vice President of Sales is responsible for working with his/her peers and his/her team of Account Executives on sales initiatives to drive growth, retention, and overall client satisfaction through account planning, opportunity development, and revenue retention. We are accepting applications for the Southeast Region.
- You are a hardworking, competitive type that is driven to succeed.
- You are a proven, tactical, and strategic Vice President of Sales
- Self-starter with a reputation for being an effective change agent.
- Develops “champions” who can act self-sufficiently
- Ensuring that his/her sales team is skilled at selling total solutions, which entails identifying and closing qualified prospects that have needs for the complete complement of Sungard Availability Services.
- Maintaining the highest quality sales team possible by continually insuring the entire team is trained in all products and services offered by Sungard Availability Services.
- Ensuring that all new hires to the sales team are brought up to speed and are productive in the shortest timeframe possible.
- Managing the volume and distribution of leads in the assigned territory. The Vice President of Sales must ensure that every lead generated in the assigned territory is contacted and qualified in a timely and professional manner.
- Actively managing the measurement and performance of all team members to achieve organizational objectives against KPI’s, conducting quarterly reviews of achievements, and mid-year reviews and end of year reviews of performance vs. targets
- An undergraduate degree is required, and a graduate degree is preferred, with at least one degree in a technical field. A minor in Finance would be helpful.
- Minimum of 5 years of successful sales experience within a large technical account environment: previous proven expertise in managed services.
- Previous management or supervisory experience required
- Experience establishing relationships and selling into the C-level
- Experience selling high availability solutions, telecom, consulting and hardware/software solution sales highly preferred.
- Able to motivate team to reach assigned sales and performance goals.
- Able to cultivate and coordinate key internal and external relationships
- Proven ability to hire, train, develop, and retain a team of top sales professionals
- Exceptional presentation skills
- Sungard Availability Services offers a high growth environment with excellent compensation and immediate eligibility for our 401(k), health/dental insurance, educational assistance, and more. Sungard AS is an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
- Ability to meet the physical demands of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Employment is contingent upon successful completion of the background investigation and pre-employment drug screen.