Title: Platform Architect I - Recovery Services
Years of experience : 10- 12 years
The Platform Architect are the SME’s responsible for development of the very high quality client recovery procedure documentation (RPD) working with the customer directly or the Recovery solution Architect, which will be used for ATOT/ATOD. The SME is also responsible for leveraging industry backup and recovery Best Practices, and deployment of them within our RPD. The SME are responsible for technical leadership, developing recovery solutions and automation which drive down recovery time objectives and improve test quality. The SME’s will lead the technical development with RSAs and operations engineers, the goal of which is to continuously improve our MRP service offering, improve RPD, and client test experience.
• Analyzing customer solutions relative to industry Best Practices
• Ability to navigate client DR solutions identifying “what” needs to be recovered and “how” recovery ought to be accomplished
• Provide, test, and oversee execution of high quality recovery procedure documentation
Physical Configuration Due Diligence
• Identify technology dependencies, current backup methodologies and technologies, critical components and recovery priorities
• Assess recovery priorities, technology dependencies and alternatives, recovery dependencies, current recovery plans, and current RTO against current configuration that will contribute to an overall recovery “playbook” execution ATOT/ATOD.
• Define an opportunity analysis covering virtualization, consolidation and Advanced Recovery Assessment of the current RTO objectives
Application Configuration Due Diligence
• Review and understand the application classification, tiers and dependencies and capture any relevant application to host mappings
• Validate the application configuration information against the infrastructure configuration and the contracted commitment
• Provide an assessment of the application technology dependencies and alternatives, application recovery dependencies, and the RTO against the current configuration
• Document the application configuration and application recovery assessments, and dependencies and gaps
• Provide an opportunity analysis covering virtualization, consolidation and Advanced Recovery assessment of the current RTO objectives
Recovery Procedure Documentation:
• Ensure Standard Recovery Best Practices are executed as part of the Client Recovery Test Solution
• Participate with MRP Solution Delivery Managers (SDM) to conduct meetings with clients to review project status and review developed procedures and effectively manage client expectations
• Be accountable for the quality and consistency of the developed application recovery procedures leveraging SunGard’s Procedure Documentation Team
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technology discipline
• At least 9 yrs of experience architecting Backup recovery solutions.
• Disaster Recovery design experience is a plus.
• Cluster to non-cluster restore recovery
· Deep technical expertise across multiple technologies:
• Database Recovery (Oracle 10g,11g,12c, RMAN,Data Guard, RAC,SQL Server, DB2, mySQL)
• Exposure to Backup Technology Recovery (TSM, Net-Backup, Commvault, DD, Backup Exec, Networker with focus on Databases)
• Exposure to Virtualization (VMware ESX, Microsoft’s Hyper-V, VMM, & Virtual Server, Xen)
• Replication Technologies for Databases (EMC, Hitachi, HP, NetApp)
• SAP and SAP -HANA is must
• Solid working knowledge of databases (at least one of Oracle, SQL Server, DB2,MySQL). Database recovery using RMAN, User Managed backups in case of Oracle, Master Rebuild method and other advanced recovery for SQL server, Cluster to non-Cluster, Recovery using Netbackup, Commvault and other industry leading backup solutions.
• Solid knowledge on SAP and SAP-HANA
• Must have the ability to analyze technical documentation and identify gaps/risks
• Strong writing skills to produce technical documentation is a MUST and ability to lead technical working sessions
• Good communication skills is a must as the job involves frequent interaction with customers across the globe.
• Good troubleshooting and analytical skills
• Proven experience leading the delivery of complex DR testing services
• Tenacious work ethic, doing whatever it takes with resolve, integrity and an appropriate sense of urgency to meet deadlines and get the job done.
• Team Player mentality with experience building relationships in a matrix environment.
• Excellent technical leadership and interpersonal skills that instill confidence and trust among SunGard’s client base, internal superiors and peers