Title: Recovery Specialist (UNIX)
Job Type: Permanent
The Recovery Specialist has responsibility for any Customer testing from the London Technology Centre Technology Service Centre.
The Recovery Specialist will prepare Unix based systems for customers specific requirements as per contract and details provide by the customer.
- Primary responsibility for co-ordination of all resources required for a Business Continuity test
- Customer liaison with regards to set-up for the test, identify and resolve any problems as a result.
- Performing regular checks on how a customer’s recovery is progressing. Maintaining a detailed report of all activities relating to the test and highlighting areas that need to be followed-up by either Sungard AS or the Customer
- Escalation of problems that occur during a test, internal or vendor
- Documentation of set-up procedures/ special instructions
- Understand and use ticketing systems
- Highlighting contract compliance issues to the Recovery Operations Manager
- Attendance of pre and post test meetings as required
- Progression of skills through self-training and external training courses
- On-call for customer invocations, escalating where needed
- Work supportively with colleagues, operating in a collegiate manner at all times and in line with the Company’s values.
- Administrator Certification in 1 Unix platform ie. Redhat, Solaris, HP-UX. Desirable.
- Proven experience in a similar role such as experience gained in a Business Continuity or a Managed Services environment. Essential.
- Red-Hat Enterprise Linux – including knowledge of GRUB boot-loader, mkinitrd process (Kernel Creation), Disk Configuration, Configuring network services, Linux Services,Kick-Start process. A good knowledge of the Linux command-line & command line editors is necessary. Essential.
- Solaris - including knowledge of OBP interface & command line, Understanding of kernel modules, Disk Configuration, Configuring network services, Solaris Services, Jumpstart process. A good knowledge of the Solaris command-line & command line editors is essential. Essential.
- HP-UX - including knowledge of the Ignite Process and Building of Ignite Servers, Disk Configuration, Configuring network services and Kernel build and configuration. A good knowledge of the HP-UX command-line & command line editors is essential. Essential.
- Self-motivated. Essential.
- Working under pressure. Essential.
- Advanced problem-solving skills. Essential.
- Able to deal with all situations that arise within the testing lifecycle at each customer touch point. Essential.
- Flexible to support customer invocations at short notice and outside of office hours. Essential.
- Candidate must be eligible to work in the UK and complete BS7858 British standard screening prior to joining company.
- Sungard Availability Services offers a high growth environment with excellent compensation and immediate eligibility for our 401(k), health/dental insurance, educational assistance, and more. Sungard AS is an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
- Ability to meet the physical demands of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Employment is contingent upon successful completion of the background investigation and pre-employment drug screen.