As a Solutions Architect, you will be responsible for the success of Sungard AS’s largest and most complex opportunities; including pre-sales support, solution design, pricing, and proper documentation successful implementation of Amazon’s Cloud Services offerings. The Solutions Architect will also have an impact on the organization strategically; through feedback and improvements in product strategy and competitive positioning.
- Drive growth building relationships with customers at influencer and decision maker levels to best position Sungard AS’s capabilities and value proposition.
- Deliver effective professional presentations tuned to respective audiences.
- Identify customer business issues, determine customer desired outcomes and architect solutions that utilize all Sungard AS’s portfolio of services.
- Manage the communication and internal cooperation of Sungard AS resources to drive sales success.
- Provide feedback for Product to advance capabilities in alignment with market demands.
- Manage the solutioning processes from concept through contract and monitor implementation to ensure success.
- Provide mentoring, coaching and training within the Sales organization.
- Travel varies and at times may reach 50% or more.
Professional Experience and Qualities:
- Proactive “whatever it takes” self-starter and results-oriented mindset.
- Proven track record of establishing trusted advisor relationships with customers at all levels.
- Acumen to understand end-to-end strategic business models.
- Ability to communicate complex technical and operational solutions, or translate complex topics into simple business language to drive the value alignment.
- Degree in Computer Science or Engineering highly preferred but will consider applicants with equivalent work-related experience contingent on a minimum H.S. or GED diploma.
- Ten (10) plus years’ experience in managed IT technical/operational services with preferred experience in presales.
- Ability to develop, write and defend business case analysis to justify Sungard AS’s business propositions.
- Exceptional listening, verbal, written, and presentation skills required.
- Exceptional project management skills with the ability to prioritize multiple complex projects.
- Experience in comparing and positioning tradeoffs between private and hybrid cloud solutions including AWS, Azure, and Google.
Technical Domain Focus: for AWS Expert
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect Professional.
- Preferred certification in AWS Advanced Networking Specialty.
- Other AWS technical certifications a plus.
- Min of 3 years supporting customer requirements assessment and solutions development required in moving workloads to AWS.
- Enterprise architecture and integrated solution design.
- Expert in private and hybrid cloud design – Vmware.
- Expert in high availability methods and designs.
- Expert in business continuity and disaster recovery strategies.
- Very strong and conversant in network security methods, appliances and systems.
- Very strong and conversant in hyperscale connectivity, LAN, WAN architecture and design
- TCP/IP networking.
- Data center operations basics.
- IT outsourcing design approach, transformation planning and design.
- Windows, Linux and UNIX OS basics.
- 3-tier web architectures.
- Storage, replication and backup design.
- Managed hosting services delivery, technologies and concepts.
- General experience in cloud management portals and ecosystems.
- General experience with database management systems.
- Sungard Availability Services offers a high growth environment with excellent compensation and immediate eligibility for our 401(k), health/dental insurance, educational assistance, and more. Sungard AS is an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
- Ability to meet the physical demands of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Employment is contingent upon successful completion of the background investigation and pre-employment drug screen.