Area and Site: Annapolis-MD Philadelphia-PA
The Operational Systems Support (OSS) team is responsible for delivering best of breed toolsets to both our customers and internal users for management of large data systems. These web-based systems are designed to provide a rich GUI presentation around monitoring data, customer information, asset data, and other critical datasets that SunGard uses heavily to manage the business.
We are looking for a Senior Engineer to complement our team of extremely experienced engineers focused on getting things done, and to be fearless about exploring and learning new technologies and technical approaches that help us deliver great services and experiences to our customers.
- Design, implement and/or extend software for effective management, automation, data collection, performance analysis, monitoring, and alert of production systems in 24x7 global customer operations.
- Employ your wide-ranging experience, professional concepts and company objectives to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways.
- Designs and implements data exchanges between various systems (e.g. event management system to ticketing system, monitoring system to capacity management analytics system)
- Develops solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes; investigating problem areas.
- Documents and demonstrates solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.
- As new technologies emerge and impact our systems, learn these technologies very quickly and resolve any problems involved in integrating new technologies with our systems.
- Understand how our applications operate, are structured, and how customers use them
- Provide engineering support (when necessary) to our technical operations staff when they are building, deploying, configuring and supporting systems for customers
- Assist with troubleshooting user problems down to root-cause and develop service-enhancing solutions
- Participate in interactions with users as a technical expert for product subsystems
- Investigate, analyze and make recommendations to management regarding technology improvements, upgrades and modifications
- A minimum of 6-8 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s/Master’s degree; or equivalent experience.
- Professional, detail-oriented, and energetic personality, with the ability to work well in a dynamic team environment
- Demonstrated success developing a variety of software systems while taking on increasing responsibility for analysis, design, implementation and deployment tasks
- Ability to communicate the design and implementation of software systems including relevant strengths/weaknesses and reasons for implementation decisions
- Experienced with building scalable, enterprise solutions with software and infrastructure in mind
- Works well with others in fast-paced, iterative product definition and development environment within and across teams
- Ability to collaborate with multiple teams and run technical design sessions independently
- Excellent understanding of web concepts and technologies (HTTP, server/client, proxies, caching,, tunneling etc.)
- Good understanding of AWS (EC2, S3, Lambdas, Cloudfront, Cloudformation) , Serverless framework.
- Knowledge of React.js would be nice to have.
- Knowledge of Kanban, Scrum and other Agile methodologies.
- Experience working with Python, perl, java would be added advantage.
- Have an understanding of linux fundamentals and SSH port forwarding and tunneling.
- Experience with object-oriented programming and MVC architecture
- DevOps experience
- Experience with various databases Oracle and/or NoSQL DBs (e.g. MongoDB), and understanding of when to use them
- Sungard Availability Services offers a high growth environment with excellent compensation and immediate eligibility for our 401(k), health/dental insurance, educational assistance, and more. Sungard AS is an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
- Ability to meet the physical demands of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Employment is contingent upon successful completion of the background investigation and pre-employment drug screen.