Area and Site: Annapolis-MD Philadelphia-PA Thornton-CO
About the Position:
- The Operational Systems Support (OSS) team is responsible for delivering best of breed toolsets to both our customers and internal users for management of large data systems. These web-based systems are designed to provide a rich GUI presentation around monitoring data, customer information, asset data, and other critical datasets that SunGard uses heavily to manage the business.
- The candidate will work with a team consisting of architects, developers and other QA engineers. Our team is composed of the best and the brightest while maintaining a casual, yet highly productive working environment. Our Engineering and Operations groups are tightly integrated, so expect to be involved in automation, data analysis, and monitoring, as well as working on load and performance testing.
- Candidate must be passionate about efficiently delivering high-quality enterprise class solutions.
We are looking for someone with excellent technical and communication skills to help deliver stable, reliable software. You must be extremely web savvy and understand how to install, verify and utilize a variety of web applications via the browser and mobile devices. You will be required to write and execute originative test plans throughout the development cycle to ensure maximum test coverage while minimizing risk, and feedback recommendations and findings to the engineering and project management teams. You will test new product features and execute regression test plans. You will be expected to:
- Design, develop, deploy, and maintain automated/manual system tests to replicate and test real-world scenarios.
- Work with development engineers to drive to closure on problems found, including recreating failures and verifying fixes.
- Maintains documentation of test results to assist in debugging and modification of software.
- Participate in all aspects of testing, including functional, regression, load and system testing.
- Continually grow skills and knowledge of best test practices, tools and code use.
Requirements and Preferred Requirements:
- Must show high technical acumen with deep knowledge of current web-based applications.
- Creative mindset with ability to convey new thinking to engineering team around UI approach, workflow, recommended alternatives.
- Meticulous attention to detail, process, logical flow for an application.
- Experience breaking down specifications, turning them into test cases and automating these test cases.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Understanding of web and basic networking concepts (TCP/IP, DNS, etc).
- Strong teamwork and initiative to learn a must
- Ability to multitask and work against aggressive project timelines
- Solid problem-solving skills
- High Energy
- Experience working with Ruby on Rails or other web based and Mobile applications.
- Experience with continuous integration implemented with CruiseControl/Integrity/Hudson
- Familiarity with Selenium WebDriver, NoSQl / Mongo DB, Git, Jenkin, Capistrano, JIRA a plus
- Experience writing standalone tools or automation is a plus
- Sungard Availability Services offers a high growth environment with excellent compensation and immediate eligibility for our 401(k), health/dental insurance, educational assistance, and more. Sungard AS is an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
- Ability to meet the physical demands of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Employment is contingent upon successful completion of the background investigation and pre-employment drug screen.