Channel Sales Manager - UK
UK - London
The Channel Sales Manager is responsible for developing and executing on a Partner Strategy and Channel Plan for the Region (UK).
The successful candidate is expected to define and create detailed Channel Territory GTM Plans and Partner specific account plans incorporating go-to-market strategies, requirements and revenue expectations, and report on partner activity, working both with your line manager and Sales and Marketing.
- Recruit, sign, enable and manage key partners in the UK Commercial and Public Sector market
- Develop partner plans for each partner with a goal to drive lead, pipeline growth and closed business to support sales goals for the region
- Serve as the liason point between partners and Sungard AS internal teams, providing single point-of-contact for the partner relationships
- Proactively manage potential channel conflict with other sales channels through excellent communication both internally and externally, and through strict adherence of channel rules of engagement
- Co-develop a territory business plan with managed partners that aligns with annual recurring revenue goals and includes: sales planning / account mapping strategies, marketing plans and enablement plans
- Build and maintain a partner scorecard for managed partners based on the business plan
- Understand the competitive landscape and customer needs to effectively position Sungard Availability Services to partners
- Manage and develop pipeline, maintain forecast accuracy, achieve/exceed quarterly and annual recurring revenue targets calling on Sungard Availability Services value-added resellers and referral partners
- Arrange and conduct partner sales and technical training to educate, motivate and engage partner sales and technical teams
- Coordinate the involvement of company personnel, including support, service, and management resources, as well as marketing in order to meet partner performance objectives and partners’ expectations
- Closely coordinate Sungard AS executive involvement with partners and end-user customers as appropriate
- Work supportively with colleagues, operating in a collegiate manner at all times and in line with the Company’s values.
University degree or similar. Essential.
4- 6 years of successful Channel sales experience within a large technical account environment or proven demonstrable experience in a similar environment. Public Sector experience is a plus. Essential.
Previous proven expertise in positioning and selling services. Essential.
Technical knowledge of the managed services and cloud services industries and product offerings within it. Essential.
Ability to drive new channel business under the sales procedures as set down by Sungard Availability Services. Essential.
Record of success in exceeding sales targets with partners. Essential.
Proven negotiation skills and ability to influence others at different levels. Essential.
Ability to effectively communicate technical issues and ensure full understanding. Desirable.
Ability to effectively learn technical products, services and solutions and readily apply new knowledge required. Essential.
Candidate must be eligible to work in the UK and complete BS7858 British standard screening prior to joining company
- Sungard Availability Services offers a high growth environment with excellent compensation and immediate eligibility for our 401(k), health/dental insurance, educational assistance, and more. Sungard AS is an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
- Ability to meet the physical demands of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Employment is contingent upon successful completion of the background investigation and pre-employment drug screen.