Area and Site: UK-City Recovery Campus
UK - London
- The team consists of multi-skilled technical analysts with Network, PC and Telephony disciplines. Fundamental to the role of Recovery Specialist is to support customer’s Tests & Invocations, showing effective communication, technical competency and customer facing skills.
- The role is responsible for the day to day operations support provided to Sungard AS and its large range of customer base within the contracted sites across the UK. The role is based in the UK and there is on-call element.
- The post holder will be expected to be a highly motivated individual who works well within the team and aims to reach and exceed targets and standards set by the team leader.
- Ability to work on their own initiative and in a team of analysts. Self-motivated and able to adapt to a quick paced changing environment, flexibility with working hours to meet testing and invocation requirements.
- To provide support to Recovery Services Customers contracted to the Sungard AS Sites where they are based.
- To follow the testing lifecycle policy providing a consistent testing service to the customers.
- Support Invocations in and out of hours
- Work collaboratively with other departments to ensure that the companies common goals are met.
- To keep WWSS Disaster Recovery Equipment inventory up to date and valid.
- Work supportively with colleagues, operating in a collegiate manner at all times and in line with the Company’s values.
- Educated to GCSE level or Equivalent. Essential.
- Educated to BTEC/HNC HND or Degree standard an advantage. Desirable.
- Cisco Certified entry networking technician. Desirable.
- ITIL Foundation. Desirable.
- Technical Competencies (Experience and Knowledge). Essential.
- Proven experience in a similar role such as experience gained in a Business Continuity or a Managed Services environment. Desirable.
- Proven basic technical knowledge in problem resolution, in one or more of the following:Network Switching & Routing; Avaya Definite Telephony Switches; IPC IQ/MAX alliance; Nice Perform Voice Recording; Patch Panel and Cable Management, Microsoft OS and MAC. Essential.
- Skills and Behavioral Competencies. Essential.
- Basic Operating System Support primarily in Microsoft and Unix/Linux Systems but not limited to. Desirable.
- Report writing skills. Desirable.
- Excellent customer service skills. Desirable.
- Basic problem solving. Essential.
- Can work on their own initiative. Essential.
- Flexibility to adapt to changing working hours to meet customer requirements. Essential.
- Basic network skills. Essential.
- Candidate must be eligible to work in the UK and complete BS7858 British standard screening prior to joining company
- Sungard Availability Services offers a high growth environment with excellent compensation and immediate eligibility for our 401(k), health/dental insurance, educational assistance, and more. Sungard AS is an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
- Ability to meet the physical demands of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Employment is contingent upon successful completion of the background investigation and pre-employment drug screen.
Show On Map: