Senior Product Manager
UK – Paris Garden
As the Senior. Product Manager, Data Protection Services, you will develop and deliver next generation of Sungard AS data protection services including managed backup, vaulting and data replication services
- You are a hardworking, competitive type that is driven to succeed.
- Self-starter with a reputation for being an effective change agent.
- Have a solid understanding of the data protection space and exposure to multiple backup, vaulting and data replication technologies
- You will use client input, market knowledge, and practical experience to define product requirements. The key responsibilities are described in more detail as follows:
- Develop, maintain and lead effort to establish industry leading Backup and data replication product strategy and roadmap
- Define, develop product requirements and partner with engineering to deliver products to meet customers’ data protection and data recovery requirements
- Demonstrate Subject Matter Expertise in product areas specified and drive cross functional teams to deliver agreed upon results
- Track and maintain performance metrics for new products and service launches, and manage product line life cycle from strategic planning to tactical activities for Recovery Services.
- Specify market requirements for current and future products by conducting market research supported by visits to prospective and existing customers.
- Lead efforts to increase revenue and profits and reduce costs associated with product lines, and develop product forecasts, pricing, and operational models.
- Develop and maintain value-based pricing frameworks for product offerings, and lead strategic projects for assigned lines of business.
- Drive product solution sets across development teams (primarily Development/Engineering and Marketing Communications) through market requirements, product contract, and positioning, and work with Product Marketing to maintain and provide content for product related collateral and sales tools.
- Work with Marketing Communications to define the go-to-market strategy, helping them understand the product positioning, key benefits, and target customers.
- Participate in various sales support activities, including product and services training, seminar and documentation development, and pre- and post-sales customer visits.
- Analyze potential partner relationships for product gaps, and develop and maintain channel, delivery, and technology partner relationships.
- Bachelor’s or foreign equivalent degree in Computers or Engineering, plus five years of progressive experience in IT product design and development or a Master’s or foreign equivalent degree in Computers or Engineering, plus two years of experience in IT product design and development.
- Experience with backup, restore and recovery technologies.
- Experience developing Cloud, SaaS, or Managed Services products.
- Experience with Product Development Life Cycle (PDLC) or New Product Development (NPD) process, Stage Gate, and concept of Design, Build, Transfer, Operate.
- Experience developing business cases, market requirements documents, and product/service requirements documents.
- Position requires travel to current and potential customer locations throughout the U.S. and to Sungard AS locations throughout North America and Europe.
- Candidate must be eligible to work in the UK and complete BS7858 British standard screening prior to joining company
- Sungard Availability Services offers a high growth environment with excellent compensation and immediate eligibility for our 401(k), health/dental insurance, educational assistance, and more. Sungard AS is an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
- Ability to meet the physical demands of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Employment is contingent upon successful completion of the background investigation and pre-employment drug screen.