Job Description: Scrum Master
Designation: Specialist - Product Engineering
Experience: 10+ years (Minimum 4+ years Scrum Master)
The Product Engineering Scrum Master will be responsible for
- Facilitating daily scrums, sprint planning, sprint demo and retrospective meetings.
- Removing impediments and guiding the team to continuously make progress
- Facilitating discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution
- Contributing to the technical decision making on the project
- Assisting with internal and external communication and improving transparency
- Supporting the Product Owner, especially with respect to grooming and maintaining the product backlog
- Providing support to the team using a servant leadership style, and leading by example
- Ensuring all requirements are captured as part of the backlog
- Ensuing backlog is properly prioritized, ensuring that all work items have automated tests
- Ensuring the “definition
Assist in improving the Scrum maturity of the team and organization, and coaching the team to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable for the team and organization.
Experience and Qualification
- Overall 10+ years’ experience and minimum 4 – 5 years played role of Scrum Master
- Experience with Agile Program Management methodology in large organizations
- Experience coordinating multiple scrum teams
- Experience with (or an understanding of benefits and pitfalls of) agile frameworks such as SAFe, LaSS, DAD, and/or other methods of scaling agile methods
- First level Scrum Master certification (CSM, PSM I)
- Experience in the Scrum Master role for at least n years, with a software development team that successfully applied Scrum principles and practices.
- Knowledge of other Agile approaches: XP, Kanban, Crystal, FDD, etc.
- Ability to guide the team through branching/merge strategy, Code checkin rules, defect management strategy
- Understanding of Sprint metrics and how to decide if the sprint can be concluded
- Excellent communication, mentoring, conflict resolution and coaching skills
- Technical degree (graduation in computer science or electronics)
- Software, System or Solution development experience<elaborate it a bit>
- Knowledge and/or experience with Agile techniques: User Stories, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing
- Applicable knowledge of the tools and technologies used by the team (JIRA, Jenkins, BitBucket, Confluence, etc)
- Proven ability to work with distributed team, including offshore members
- Possess open, honest and respectful communications skills.
- Should be a friendly communicative person, because when team is moving fast in Agile, communication is the effective force which holds the team together.
- Needs to forecast the numbers of deliverables possible in an iteration, which is based on evidence and reliable source.
- Needs to be expert in estimation and planning. He knows how to create useful, reliable and practical plans for software development projects.
- Should be a good coach in Agile practices. S/he can coach individuals and interactions over processes and tools.
- Help team or individual to clarify goals and actions to achieve them.
- Ability to shield his team from outside distractions and interferences.
- Ability to ensure the pragmatic use scrum process in a maturing & transforming environment
- Ability to track and remove impediments.
Scrum master is a servant first, who serves his team members before considering about himself