About the Position:
Sungard AS has an enterprise strategic deal team focused on assisting sales in developing, positioning, and closing complex enterprise IT services transactions. This position focuses on bridging our customer’s business requirements with solutions such as hybrid cloud, managed production services and advanced recovery services varying in scope complexity ranging from integrating packaged solution offerings, to custom strategic outsourcing and transformation (ITO) initiatives.
- Guide technical design teams, coordinate with product, reconcile requirements with operations, work with legal to manage risk, and ensure successful hand-offs to transition for closed business supporting sales through the deal lifecycle
- Lead initiatives to solidify customer requirements, build solutions, and contract transactions that may incorporate consulting services, managed services, recovery services, delivery governance, 3rd party services, and multi-tower IT outsourcing scope combined with strategic IT transformation
- Demonstrate strong and broad understanding, and ability to articulate deal financials working with finance to engineer competitive multi-year pricing while meeting key profit, return on investment, and risk hurdles.
- Working knowledge in areas such as FTE based delivery and operational labor modeling, amortization of capital assets, cost subsidies, baseline/incremental modeling, quantifying risk, multi-currency, and time to billing implications.
- Provide expertise, guidance and negotiation assistance in complex contract development, including custom business terms and risk mitigation working with the extended SungardAS team
- Coordinate successful hand-offs from pre-sales to transition services and addressing business impacting issues post-sale
- Maintain high visibility frequently communicating and documenting progress to key constituents and leadership as the communications focal point for deals assigned
- Develop, manage and successfully execute professional business and technical relationships with established customers & prospects; able to develop C-level and senior technical management relationships
- Develop and maintain a positive working relationship with sales, the product organization, transition services, and operations teams ensuring cooperation and coordination to successful deal outcomes
- Responsible for providing mentoring leadership, positive and cooperative attitude, and strong work ethic across the SungardAS business lines
- Must be able to travel up to 50% as business needs dictate
- Sungard Availability Services offers a high growth environment with excellent compensation and immediate eligibility for our 401(k), health/dental insurance, educational assistance, and more. Sungard AS is an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
- Ability to meet the physical demands of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Employment is contingent upon successful completion of the background investigation and pre-employment drug screen.