Data Centre Operations Analyst
UK – London Technology Centre
The Operations Analyst’s primary responsibility is to provide support in the deployment, operation and management of the Sungard AS Customer in its centres.
This primarily includes the managing of whitespace, colocation and managed customer racks, data cabling, power management, hardware installation, circuit installations, media handling, and fulfilling tasks for our customers on the data centre floor as and when required.
1. Operational Support
To provide operational support to the required level for all customers based in a Sungard AS Site. This may include verbal and written communication as well as face to face interaction with various level of customer employee.
Operational Support will include tasks but not be limited to any investigative troubleshooting through to resolution of a 1st Line Fault on all Data Centre Products. This will include both physical and software checks to an acceptable level as outlined by your Manager. For escalation of faults to 2nd Line or higher an acceptable handover must be provided and included in the regular and timely updates to the customer via the agreed methods.
As part of Sungard AS’ ongoing change and problem management lifecycles the expectancy is there escalate any issues where required to the respective management team.
2. Information / Record Management
Maintaining and progressing of records for all work and status updates by making use of the prescribed system to do so, i.e. the Sungard AS Ticketing System, Capacity and Tracking Systems, Online Tools and Databases etc. Updates need to contain sufficient detail as required. In the event of Change and Incident work these need to be implemented and actioned in the prescribed timescales with the relevant procedures and policy being adhered to at all times. Relevant information regarding customers and their environments is to be kept current and stored in the correct locations. Customer contracts are to be referenced, checked and approved where appropriate and any compliance issues escalated to the appropriate manager.
3. Intelligent Hands
The requirement exists for conducting work either for or at the direction of the company for itself or on the behalf of its customers. This may include but not be limited to items such as audits(site and rack), cabling, cross connects, decommissioning, tape rotation & documentation, operating system install and configuration as documented by Sungard AS or the customer,
4. Whitespace Management
Manage the Implementation and undertake the maintaining of the physical hosting infrastructure. Such as racks, patch frames / panels, data and power tray work, data cabling and cross connects, Telco Carrier Space. This will require updates to the Company Capacity Management System along with any shortages being highlighted to management.
In the allocation of racks and or supporting infrastructure this will be done as per the process and within the defined rules and regulations as documented by the Data Centre Engineering Teams.
There will from time to time be requirements to provide the Data Centre Engineering Team with support such as the plugging or unplugging of industry standard power cables providing the individual has been provided with the relevant competency based training.
Operations are required to assist in the day to day running of the facility and maintain all relevant items as detailed in the Data Centre Operations Policy Guide. This will include things such as floor walks to be conducted and ensuring cleanliness is maintained to the required standards. This includes the removal of rubbish directly or by arranging for the responsible party to do so as per the relevant Sungard AS Policy. In particular the assistance in the management of H&S concerns raised by the customer or internally from time to time along with any required Risk Assessments being completed. The expectation is also to assist the Site Manager where applicable in the maintenance of the look and feel of the site in cooperation with the Product and Support Groups.
An adequate stock of consumables and required equipment is to be maintained to support both the company and its customers and any updates.
Deliveries and Collections will need to be processed as per the respective policy and the associated record management completed.
As part of the role every analyst will be expected to assist in the monitoring and supporting of any M&E function in aid of keeping the facility operational and escalating any issues to the relevant management team. Progression of skills in all areas will be through self-training when required external training.
6. Team Work
The analyst will be required to work and support their colleagues in accordance with the company’s values. There will be a requirement to perform all operational tasks and duties as defined in the company’s operational procedures, service definitions and all to the documented SLA’s.
Wherever possible improvements and or suggestions to relevant operational processes and standards should be identify and as part of ongoing appraisals which are to be completed in a timely fashion to assist the respective Team Leader and or Operations Manager in the completion of all Workplans for the team.
- Microsoft MCSA or MCSE. Desirable.
- Cisco CCENT or Applicable CCNA. Desirable.
- ITIL V3. Desirable.
- Data Handling. Essential.
- Data cabling installation, management and patching. Essential.
- Experience in using a ticketing system. Essential.
- Understanding IT systems. Essential.
- Rack Installation / Whitespace Management. Desirable.
- Scripting . Desirable.
- Advanced Application Use. Desirable.
- Hardware Replacement. Essential.
- Excellent Written & Verbal skills . Essential.
- Customer Service experience . Desirable.
- Work to own initiative and as part of a team. Essential.
- Excellent organizational and time management skill. Essential.
- Job does involve shift work 24/7. Essential.
- Possess a valid UK Driving License. Essential.
- Flexibility with travel. Essential.
- Candidate must be eligible to work in the UK and complete BS7858 British standard screening prior to joining company.
- Sungard Availability Services offers a high growth environment with excellent compensation and immediate eligibility for our 401(k), health/dental insurance, educational assistance, and more. Sungard AS is an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
- Ability to meet the physical demands of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Employment is contingent upon successful completion of the background investigation and pre-employment drug screen.