Skill- Linux/Unix Administration and Strong knowledge on Virtualization,Storage and Networking
Understand the environment requirements from the Project team.
• Deploy/Set-up system by planning and executing the installation, configuration, and sanity testing of server hardware, software, and operating and system management systems along with relevant backup technologies.
• Co-ordinate and Liaise with technical account managers for allocation of Physical hardware for testing. Manage the installation/setup on the same and support it till the completion of development and testing.
• Co-ordinate with Platform architects on unfamiliar technologies ( OS’s/Backups etc) to make the setup available to the development/testing teams.
• Provide adequate updates on ongoing and upcoming installation/setup activities to the project team in a structured and time bound manner.
• Being the single point of ownership/support for those setups during development and testing phases.
• Provide sanity checks and ensure availability of the setup for the development and testing teams.
• Provide thought leadership in the areas you specialize in.
• Document processes/activities for posterity.
• Analyze technical documentation and identify gaps/risks