The Solutions Engineers work closely with our Sales organization to provide technical solution designs for our prospective and existing customers. This position is critical to the success of our sales organization to provide efficient and cost effective IT solutions, that provide value to our clients.
We are seeking a professional that has a strong work ethic, high aptitude for learning and who is seeking a position for growth and expansion of responsibility.
- You must have the proven ability to listen, extrapolate information, and leverage resources to effectively provide solutions to customer.
- You are able to handle a fast paced environment and continuously re-prioritize while maintaining a constant focus on closing deals.
- Provide engineering solution support for information availability services.
- Independently and at senior engineering staff direction participate fully in the pre-sales life-cycle. This includes support of existing and new clients for information availability services (Continuity).
- Independently and at Senior SE direction, utilize sales quoting tools to quickly provide product and information availability solution quotes to the sales organization.
- Participate in development and delivery of technical presentations of Sungard service offerings to new and existing Sungard Customers.
- Gather technical information on the customer’s IT environment. This includes, but is not limited to, Data Center Operations, Systems, Networking Infrastructure, Backup processes, applications, user access and business unit inter-dependencies.
- Engage customers to extract critical technical and business drivers that may align with Sungard deliverables.
- Participate in regularly scheduled client meetings to review open issues, change requests, and enhance client relationship.
- Acquire and maintain Sungard product and services knowledge. Leverage the product knowledge to assist Account Executive in targeting sales opportunities.
- Participate in resource scheduling to meet Account Executives support requirements.
- Consistently manage all Support Requests to a timely and successful completion.
- Minimal travel requirements up to 10%
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or work equivalence.
- 3- 5 years of technical services support or pre-sales support experience.
- 3 - 5 years of managed hosting services or networking experience.
- Knowledge of Information Technology to include Data center infrastructures, Hosting Services, data backup and recovery concepts and technologies.
- Exceptional ability to listen, assess and document information from client.
- Replication and storage technologies and processes.
- Managed Hosting Services, technologies and concepts.
- Networking and telecommunication technologies and concepts.
- System components and usage.
- Understanding of Consulting and Technical Services.
- Sungard Availability Services offers a high growth environment with excellent compensation and immediate eligibility for our 401(k), health/dental insurance, educational assistance, and more. Sungard AS is an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
- Ability to meet the physical demands of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Employment is contingent upon successful completion of the background investigation and pre-employment drug screen.